Would you still have a tank in the loft if given the option?

Sponsored Links
By loft trusses do you mean having a door to the loft instead of a ceiling hatch into the loft space or walkable areas in the Loft without centre beams in the way?

Our loft is part converted so I'm thinking if we should just get rid of all the tanks and have the house on the mains. Is it possible to have the whole house on a cold mains supply and have a mega flow system without a header tank in the Loft?

Yes. Too slow!

How long can a well insulated mega flow system stay hot for if not used and how hot should they be set to store. Is it still efficient to have one if there are only a few people in the house where hot water demand will not be high?

Sponsored Links
Hold on, silly question time: you mention 2kw, which means electrical 2kw? Does a mega flow system work on an induction heater coil? I "thought" a mega flow system simply returns cooler water to the boiler for reheating like a regular cylinder only that it is high pressured to serve more instant demand? Are you saying it does its own heating of the water too to maintain the temperature and uses a coil like a kettle?

combi's could easily belong in the victorian era with their crappy flow performance.
The op is considering 5 bathrooms and water harvesting. He should consider solar energy also.
So that means storage of some kind and certainly gravity imo.

Seems like were moving back to the victorian era. :LOL:
The terms "energy shortage" and "water shortage" weren't even invented back then.

5 Bathrooms??!!! The OP did not share that with the rest of us!! Perhaps he's keeping that information for the older members amongst us, that are stuck in the Dark Ages??

[/i]

Hold on, silly question time: you mention 2kw, which means electrical 2kw? Does a mega flow system work on an induction heater coil? I "thought" a mega flow system simply returns cooler water to the boiler for reheating like a regular cylinder only that it is high pressured to serve more instant demand? Are you saying it does its own heating of the water too to maintain the temperature and uses a coil like a kettle?

Energy is energy.

Cylinders can be heated by a boiler or an immersion.

The boiler doesn't heat tap water directly. . A coil containing rad water is used on indirect models.

More advanced controls can make the boiler operate differently depending on what it is being asked to do.

Which links to your other thread about two temperature dials.

Sure, but generally speaking, are you saying that a megaflow system is using an induction system to keep the previously heated water (from the boiler), hot when you say 2kw?

I'm just trying to understand the consensus on how these systems are setup.

Cheers, learning a lot here. Could you old also PM me your co details if you cover Watford?

Standing loss is the heart list through the outer shell and insulation. . It determines how much you will need to input from the heat source to top up.

My cylinder stays hot all day if nothing is used. . It is set to reheat between 6pm and 2am. . There is enough hot water available for the days incessant cleaning by the missus.

Did you mean 2kWh per day?
That is a 2kW element would come on for one hour to make up for the loss - 30p ?

2kW for a day is 48kWh - £7.20.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back