Would you?

Sponsored Links
I would fight for my wife, my family and myself if and when it comes to it but would never fight for my country.

You only have to look at how our elderly are treated in this country as a burden on the state. Some of them were also asked to fight for their country many years ago - look what it did for them.

I would fight for my wife, my family and myself if and when it comes to it but would never fight for my country.

You only have to look at how our elderly are treated in this country as a burden on the state. Some of them were also asked to fight for their country many years ago - look what it did for them.

What if the best way to protect your family was to fight for the country?

Sponsored Links
I was actually talking to my old man about this yesterday, before I came on the forum.

I said to him that I reckoned if WWII happened now, most people would do a runner and there would be no "wartime" spirit, most would be a bunch of moaning arses, having to scrape by on rations etc..

Part of the problem imho is that we've seen a load of war films and actors being shot and dying. As such, we're more aware of imagining the horrors of it all, which naturally taps into our cowardly ways.

I was actually talking to my old man about this yesterday, before I came on the forum.

I said to him that I reckoned if WWII happened now, most people would do a runner and there would be no "wartime" spirit, most would be a bunch of moaning a**es, having to scrape by on rations etc..

There was also quite a bit of negative stuff such as looting, black market activity and such, but that was not dwelt on as the war time spirit needed promoting.

When all of the world's people are distributed all over the world then there won't be any world war. The world today is a melting pot and you can't put the genie back in the bottle.

I'm afraid you're wrong. It is the nature of man to fight with his fellow man, regardless of cultural background and religion.

Welcome back Joe. You've been lurking, haven't you? :LOL:

I wouldn't fight for this country. If you seriously think about it, what would you be fighting for ? Its not our country anymore.
That saddens, me that people think that way, this is still a great country and worth fighting for, the damage was done when most of out traditions were given away, and political correctness took over, we need to regain our identity, and stop pandering to the minorities.

Wotan

You may be right. I hope you're right. Unfortunately, as the days go by without any sign of wrongs being put right, it doesn't look very encouraging does it?

I'm afraid you're wrong. It is the nature of man to fight with his fellow man, regardless of cultural background and religion.
No. It's the nature of all living things to protect itself and its kin. Once humans remove the self made differences, there will be no need for inter tribal disputes as we will all be of one tribe. This is why capitalism must be removed since it necessitates layers and thus promotes wars.

Nothing to do with capitalism and all to do with human nature - everybody is equal it just that some are more equal than others!

Nothing to do with capitalism and all to do with human nature - everybody is equal it just that some are more equal than others!
I absolutely, fundamentally and totally disagree :p ;)

What is human nature other than a basic animal nature to survive and continue its genes? To support the model which requires differences to exist is to put ones own survival into a contest which involves danger, and which one might thus lose. Capitalism is not natural, hence why we're in the poo with those on different layers attacking us. They may use the word allah, but they really mean survival and egalitarianism.

No. It's the nature of all living things to protect itself and its kin. Once humans remove the self made differences, there will be no need for inter tribal disputes as we will all be of one tribe. This is why capitalism must be removed since it necessitates layers and thus promotes wars.

Ah, that explains why the drunken yobs go around kicking the sh*t out of other drunken yobs. They are afraid for themselves and their friends.

Still, I think you may have hit on the answer: we should all become drunken yobs or, perhaps, communists. Oh, hang on...

I'll get back to you about the drunken yobs argument once I've sobered up ;) Although, since booze involves poisoning oneself, I suspect self defence as a sick animal does might be the key ;)

As for communism, as you know I take great stock by the arguments laid out in "the ragged trouser'd philanthropist" and I defy anyone to come out with a rational argument against it :)

Sadly, soon I must retire in preparation for the toils of the M60 and the ongoing abominations of the upgrading of this stretch of tarmac.

I would fight to protect the country but not a monarchy.

The monarchy, as an institution, is one of the things that's still worth something in this country and is admired worldwide. There's a big difference between the institution of monarchy and some of the personalities who are the current incumbents. QEII hasn't put a foot wrong, and her reign will go down as one of the most successful.

It's not the monarchy that have trashed this country and made it a former shadow of itself and home of parasites, crims and terrorists. The Queen has no real power.It's the lefty, republican, anarchist, mindless, envious wreckers that have fcked up this country. They used to just be involved with student and trade unions as well as town halls. Since these cretins got their hands on the levers of power, it's been a disaster.

The Queen's main job has been to protect the interests of her family, which is what a monarchy has always been about.
It's telling that you say her reign has been one of the most successful. Which predecessors were unsuccessful and why?

Why should the success of the monarchy depend on the incumbent - this is surely one of its main flaws.

Any thoughts on the monarchies of Europe being part pf the causes of WWI ?

Sponsored Links
Back