Wrong self leveling compound on floor, is it top late?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We have just laid under floor heating, and have now put self leveling compound on top. Unfortunately we just checked the bag and read it said not to use to embed under floor heating - which is exactly what we've done.

I assume that the under floor heating may crack the self level? We are planning on laying Amtico floor on top. We're not sure what exactly will happen.

Should we rip is all out and start again? Unfortunately that will cost us hundreds to redo, so want to know if it's going to be a major oroblem if we don't.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We laid wire UFH. The UFM was embedded with 6mm with the self level

We think maybe adding a decoupling membrane on top might just give us some support if any cracks do appear

You might be ok as I’ve had loads of builders use a water mix then I’ve put another coat of latex on top. best to put heating on for a day and see if any cracks appear

Thanks. Although if it doesn't crack immediately does it not mean that it might still not crack in a few weeks/ months of consistent use?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back