Wrought iron gate catch/striker fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a wrought iron garden gate where the striker plate is (was) held to the wall by bolts screwed into wooden dowelling.

One of the striker plate fixings has rusted to the point it no longer has a thread, so the striker plate has worked loose and now fallen out of the wall.

Do I have any chance of getting replacement iron bolts like the original (see pics)? I've looked around but they don't seem to exist anywhere. Obviously I'd have to pack out the existing holes and redrill before refitting.

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
you can order them in stainless steel. More expensive but you probably only need a few. I use them extensively outdoors now. Ebay is a good source for small orders. If you use a Chinese supplier they may take a couple of weeks. They have hex heads now. Square heads are available if you insist, still used in US. Matching stainless washers will avoid scratching the paint.

Kays is a good UK supplier.

I think plasplugs will be better than wooden plugs, outdoors. If the hole in your stonework is loose, you can use plastic resin, or (cheaper) a builders adhesive like "no-more-nails," but it must be a weatherproof outdoor one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back