WTL6106GB Bosch Condenser Dryer gone luke warm...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, after 10 years good service our WTL6106GB Bosch Condenser Dryer has started to not get "hot". Before on the normal setting things would come out almost too hot to handle, now they come out warm but not hot. I have:-

Cleaned the fluff filter
Cleaned the condenser (twice!)
Give then machine a good rattle (always a favourite of mine)
Checked the "Low Heat" button is not in...

Water is still being collected and you can hear/feel the fan running...

Any quick fixes or ideas known here?

Thanks, Peter

Sponsored Links
Could be the thermostat which controls the heating element. Or, if the heating element is made up from a bank of more than one heater, you could have a heater gone open circuit.

Thanks Fender, are there any "exploded" diagrams of Bosch machines that I can use to look at the parts and get replacements please? I searched the forum but most old thread of Service Manuals have been deleted - I guess for a reason! Peter

Sponsored Links
Check the heating element, stats and thermal limiters, element could have a break in it and shorting across to another element wire hence still working/heating but not as hot, if all good next thing to check is the overflow cut out switch at the bottom next to the pump that pushes the water up to the water collection tray though this would usually also cause the 'empty water tray' light to come on either permanently or intermittedly.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back