wyles mcb plug in replacement values

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. could anyone please tell me if the wylex mcb plug in replacement fuses goes up to 45 or 50 amps as i have to wire a 10.8 kw shower, or if it is possible to get 45 amp fuse wire. thank you.

Sponsored Links
It is irrelevant. If you have a Wylex board with replacement plug-in MCBs you should not be wiring a shower of that size from it.

- The whole board only has a total rating of 60A and you should not use individual fuses/MCBs rated higher than 50% of that value.
- You'll never terminate the 10sqmm cable satisfactorily inside it.
- Although not a regulation you would be unwise not to provide RCD protection, as per [most] manufacturer's instructions.

In addition:

- Are you aware of the requirements for supplementary bonding in a room containing a bath or shower?
- Do you have the necessary test equipment and are you competent to issue an installation certificate for the job?
- Are you aware of your responsibility under Part P of the Building Regulations?

The safest way would be to use a separate shower consumer unit.

And even safer - especially given that this is notifiable work - would be to pay a registered electrician to do it properly.

Dear dingbat, thank you for your reply, however, I am aware of supplementary bonding regs, i have 60A 30mA RCD protection and as for Part B, if you had noticed where i live, i.e. Northern Ireland you should know that Part B is not in force here. The 10sqmm cable terminated perfectly well inside the board. but your point about 50% of the value of the unit is well taken and i will take that on board. Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back