wylex mcb/rcd board fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, ope someone can help in here.

i recently installed a wylex mcb/rcd board in my house which appears not to be testing properly. i only have 6 mcb's in the board so have the main switch wired into the rcd and a busbar from the rcd to the mcb's. one on the mcb's for a lighting circuit has been tripping occasionally but i'm not too concerned about that at the moment, the main problem i have is that the rcd does not trip when i press the test button, any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
stevie79 said:
the rcd does not trip when i press the test button, any suggestions?

Assuming you have power to the RCD, with both Phase and Neutral passing through it before going to the phase busbar and the neutral block, it's faulty.

But it's possible you've fitted it wrong.

If you can lay your hands on a digital camera and put up a pic of the inside of the CU (power off) we may spot something.

Sponsored Links
consumerunit.jpg

does this look like it is wired correctly?

looks all right. Should trip if the power is on and you press the test button.

it did when i first put it in but for some reason does not trip any more. i'll try replacing the rcd.

thanks

If the CU is wired as per your picture then I would say it sounds like a faulty RCD.

Sadly not that uncommon for wylex :cry:

Its all made by electrium, the same company that makes volex.

But also the same Co. who makes Crabtree, and most of the Wylex RCD's I've come across are the same as the Crabtree ones.

I'm a bit of a Wylex fan (don't tell anyone!) and fitted literally 100's. I've only ever had two failed RCD's, one straight out of the box, and the other after 5 years service.

hi johnd, hope you can help my adp 8520 dishwasher has stoped working the first 3 program lights constantly flash & it beeps 10 times can you help with this?

hi johnd, hope you can help my adp 8520 dishwasher has stoped working the first 3 program lights constantly flash & it beeps 10 times can you help with this?

?

How does that relate to a suspect RCD?
Maybe you could start a new thread to get a response.?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back