Xbox and rechargeable batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Got a Xbox for Xmas and just wondered why does it say that you cant use ordinary rechargeables in the controllers and that you should buy their rechargable packs?

I have quite a few quality rechargable batteries and don't really want to get another charger for another system, it would be much tidier and easier for me to use my existing Uniross rechargables. Uniross are one of the best and I have a Uniross charger to go with them, so it is all quality stuff I am using.

What possible reason would there be why you cannot use them, after all the Xbox rechargable packs will just have 2 rechargeable AA batteries in them anyway, and I cannot help wondering if the batteries in the packs will even be as good a quality of battery as the the individual Uniross batteries I have.

I would be interested in any guidance or help with this please, I have looked on the net and see others using ordinary rechargeables but not much is said on the subject really.

Sponsored Links
if it help my son has been using jessops rechargable nmih and they work just fine

I used cheap 800ma rechargeable batteries for a long time but they would go off at the most inconvenient times.

What I did was to get a play & charge kit from play.com (currently out of stock) but it was well worth it.

The battery lasts for ages & you still get to use the controller while it is being recharged by the system.

(There is a USB cable that plugs into the controller to recharge the battery while your still playing or when your not using the xbox).

But if sticking with AA batteries there is nothing wrong with having a stack of them charged & next to your Xbox.
Unless you have a daughter with a wii, in which case they soon disappear :D

I use a play and charge kit these days too but used normal rechargables for about 6 months before I got one.

They are fine for 1 player because when they run out it pauses and you can just replace them but if your playing on xbox live the play & charge kit is very good.

Sponsored Links
They are available at Play which seems the cheapest to me.

Just got one for my son yesterday so I could have mine back :D

I never knew microsoft said that, and have always used rechargables.
but just got 2 charge and plays from 'Woolies' ,dead cheap for some reason
:LOL: FOX

Back