Xenta 4CH DVR 1080p with 2 Black Bullet Cameras 1080p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, maybe someone can help here?

I purchased the above system from Ebuyer for two reasons. One it was cheap :))), and two I wanted to have a play with something I had never had before. Didn't really get it for security, more to monitor wildlife in my garden.

Unfortunately I have no experience of CCTV whatsoever, so am new to the terminology and capabilities. It came with almost NO documentation other than how to switch it on and connect my ipad via an app. There appears to be no web based information/manual with regard to operation and there appear to be functions that I just don't understand. Maybe they are 'all the same' and I can just try the manual from a different unit? If so, any suggestions as to what make/model to search for?

So, I think I want the following:

1. Record, overwriting first storage when disc is full. (1TB disc size)
2. Record only when it detects movement (motion detect?). I have had a good fiddle with the many options and seem to only be able to record all the time, but not just on motion detect.

Frankly I have messed around with so many options that I have just reset it back to factory settings to start again.

Any help appreciated.

SjH

Sponsored Links
Should be an option for loop recording which will record over the oldest footage first.

Motion detection should be easy enough to setup with some form of record schedule. Something like always / motion / alarm if you choose motion and select every day of the week and time midnight to midnight.

It’s hard to direct exactly without seeing the user menu.

IMG_2454.JPG IMG_2455.JPG IMG_2456.JPG IMG_2457.JPG IMG_2458.JPG IMG_2459.JPG IMG_2460.JPG

Hi, Thicky here again, thanks for assistance so far, but I am still struggling to get this thing to do what I want, which is to record based on motion detected. I am getting constant recording.

I have taken the liberty of uploading some pix to try and indicate what I have done (wrong?).

Explanatory of pix as follows:

1. The view from Cam 1
2. Right click brings up this menu.
3. On selecting 'Record Mode'
4. On selecting 'Main Menu'
5. 'Record' from Main Menu'
6. 'Alarm' from Main Menu
7. Within the 'Alarm' section there is a 'Region' selection which brings up the view in a matrix fashion allowing squares to be selected or deselected (clear or 'pinked'). But I am not sure if the 'motion selected' squares are the pinks or the clear. Or is it to stop squares from 'motion detecting' because of constant movement from trees etc.

Sorry for length and complexity of this post but I suspect an expert would look at the pix and see instantly what I am doing wrong.

At the moment I am recording permanently so the disk overwrites but I have just a solid line for my replay progress with no indication of where actual activity existed.

Again, thanks for reading and assistance.

SjH

Sponsored Links
Anyone help with the setting up of Motion Detect based on my attached menu pix? A while ago I manged to see my recorded time progress line with different colours to denote detected motion and no detected motion but I don't seem to be able to get back to that configuration.

Thanks

S

Update

I have now managed to get the motion detect recording! My timeline is grey with motion detect events in orange. BUT....it only seems to detect and record motion at night. At night I have many triggers, largely from moths, but as soon as daylight hits I get no recorded motion events at all.

I will have a play with 'sensitivity' but any guidance on setting correct sensitivity would be a help? I assume this will be a trial and error activity?

Thanks for reading.

Is there an option to set the motion area maybe you have not done that which is why nothing picks up during the day?

Hi lamchamps.

Thanks for that - I have realised that there is a lot of trial and error on setting this up and I think I have found a happy medium based on detection area and sensitivity. I am now recording motion both day and night. I just have to get the sensitivity right because rain and moths appear to be creating a regular frequent trigger at night.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back