XP LOGON

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have XP proffesional on our machines but tried loading a piece of software on rebooting it would not allow me to logon to any users I have tried starting in safe mode but it starts to login for 2 seconds then skips to logging off any suggestions please

Sponsored Links
Do a system restore to before youinstalled this bit of software? Sounds like it's not compatiable with something on your system.

If like me, you can't get to system restore normally (after installing XP SP2 which doesn't work on 64bit machines), try going though safe mode, then restore via System Restore in Start>All Progs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and pray you have a chance to undo.

If not, Safe Mode as above, then try uninstalling the program via Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs

format the HD, you jest surely ;) What was the software you loaded ? Have you tried the recovery console?

Sponsored Links
The biggest problem is I can't get past the logon screen so cannot get into any files no I have not tried the recovery console please advise.

Back