Xpelair c4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've just had 2 xpelair c4 extractor with timers fitted by my electrician at the weekend,both were working fine with the factory present 15 min timer.I changed 1 fan timer down to 5 mins which suits us better but when I adjusted the other the fan will not start up at all.I tried it in several positions but to no avail.There is still power to the fan.Before I call the electrician back I was wondering if I am missing something obvious.Any ideas welcome.
Simon

Sponsored Links
You need a live from your switch and a permanent live for the run on. Seems you may have lost live from the switch, try swapping the lives, what happens..

What is meant to make the fan start - switching on the lights, a dedicated switch, a humidistat or what?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Hi John
Switching on the light is supposed to start the fan (it was u til I tried adjusting the timer duration)

Hi John Switching on the light is supposed to start the fan (it was u til I tried adjusting the timer duration)
It sounds as if, as has already been suggested, you somehow managed to dislodge one of the wires from its connection whilst adjusting the timer. Both 'live' wires (permanent live, and switched live) need to be properly connected for the fan to come on.

Kind Regards, John

I'm pretty sure none have become disconnected but I will check in the morning.

I'm pretty sure none have become disconnected but I will check in the morning.o
Fair enough. If everything is still connected correctly and satisfactorily, I suppose it would then become most likely that you have a duff fan, which died the first time you tried to adjust it's timer. That's probably not unknown - just as with human beings (and all animals) it's the first few days of life which is often the most disaster-prone period for electronic things!

Let us know how things go.

Kind Regards, John

I tried the fan this morning and all is working as it should.maybe because it's a 30 min max it needed time to work through it's timer so to speak.thanks for your input.
Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back