Xpelair XIL150T Extractor Fan - views/experiences?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After using the TLC extractor fan calculator for my bathroom with shower, it looks like I'm after a fan that draws at least 37l/s. I've also decided I want to go for an inline fan with a timer. With this in mind...

The Xpelair XIL150T looks ideal:

http://www.applied-energy.com/en/xpelair/products/range/1616

...comes to about £67 as a kit including grills, fixings and ducting, so looks to be pretty good value for money too.

Anyone used these or other Xpelair fans and have any views positive/negative? They're a name I recognise, but I know that doesn't always match with value for money/quality :) .

Sponsored Links
On the (possibly unlikely) chance that anyone is searching for details of one of these fans...I bought one anyway. It actually turned out cheaper to buy it from a local supplier than on the web and it came to £46 all-in, which seems pretty good value to me considering its extraction rate and that it's a comprehensive kit with everything you need. Time will tell how quiet it is... Couple of things to note: this is a 15cm fan with 15cm ducting, and hence the grills are 17.5cm square - I had just assumed, without checking, that there would be plenty of space on my soffit for a fit, but it turns out its quite tight (might just be my house, of course). Oh, and on the literature the external grill is brown, but they're both white (and identical) on mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back