Wiring Xpelair DX400T centrifugal fan for internal kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently refurbished my internal kitchen and the last thing I have to do is replace the existing Xpelair pull cord fan.

Under current Scottish building regulations, I believe there is a minimal extraction rate and certain conditions required for ventilating an internal space.

As such, I've bought a decent fan capable of 60 l/s, to be ducted and able to have a timer overrun function. However, the simple wiring is beating me.

Firstly, I need someone to look at the wiring diagram on Xpelair's website and answer the following;

1. http://www.applied-energy.com/clientfiles/File/brochures/xpelair/Wiring Diagrams.pdf

For DX400T

I presume the initial double pole isolation relates to a 'standard' fused connection unit.

Secondly, I presume the wiring simply means there is 1 permanent live, and 1 switched live. I am using a standard lighting switch to be the second switched live.

However, after doing this, its not working and the neon light in the fan does not come on.

I've got a twin and earth feed to the lighting switch, 3 core to the lighting pendant (halogen bar) where before this, I've used a 10A junction box for wiring.

However, its not working.... have I interpreted the diagram wrong...? CAn anyone afford any advice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back