Y plan electrical fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, new here so please bear with me.

I have had a new boiler installed Wooster Bouch which has been configured in a y plan formation.

I have Boss controler BUP2 and thermostat

I had a plumber fit the boiler and a electrician wire it up.

After the electrician had finished there was a problem with the switching boiler on and off. Wooster Bosch suspected a faulty board in the boiler and came out to swap. When they arrived they found the electrician had not wired it properly and gave me a contact number for electrician to discuss the problem directly with them.

Electrician came back and sorted the on / off problem but could not sort the pump run on.

I have also noticed the electric valve is warm to touch when the system is not running, but I am not sure this is normal can anyone confirm?

when the HW is on I can feel hot pipes before the pump and just after, I suspect the valve is not working correctly. Can anyone confirm?

Finally if the CH is on and I turn down the room stat I believe the pump should run for 3 minute but it shuts down straight away. Any ideas on what the fault could be?

Every thing else is working CH / HW comes on and goes off at the right time.

Sponsored Links
You should have got a heating engineer not a plumber, who could have done the wiring as well.

The valve is normally cold when not in use, but that will depend on how long since the system was last fired up, could take hours.

The pipe to the pump and after the pump would normally be hot if you have the HW on.

The pump will overun only if it has been correctly wired to the boiler.

It's been wired up wrong. Get a Part P qualified heating technician to sort it out for you, most could do it with one hand tied behind their back.

Once they've got the toolbox opened.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.....

I will follow your suggestion...

Cheers for now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back