Y plan with Greenstar Worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Y plan set up with a Lifestyle 3 port valve and Sunvic programmer. I have had a new boiler installed (by someone who dosnt understand the controls!) and it dosnt seem to be working correctly.
Where should the switched live demand wire go in the set up? Currently its attached to hot water off lead, but that's not correct.
Is there somewhere I can go for a proper wiring diagram for my system (y plan, worcester, ect)?

Sponsored Links
Google honeywell yplan diagram for a schematic.
Surely you have the manufacturers instructions for the boiler?
Switched live from 3 port valve (orange) connects with the switched live from cyl stat to go to switched live in on boiler. Simples
Check all the other wiring aswell.

Sounds like you were too tight to get a registered installer to do a proper job.

Sounds like you were too tight to get a registered installer to do a proper job.
I used a friend who is gas safe registered but blow me if he didnt bring in someone else to do the electrics.
I know I have let the installer off the hook, and wont use him again, but just need this sorting.

Sponsored Links
I used a friend who is gas safe registered but blow me if he didnt bring in someone else to do the electrics.
I know I have let the installer off the hook, and wont use him again, but just need this sorting.
Friend or no friend, if you paid him a normal fee, he should have delivered a normal quality.
Get him back to finish the job.

Worcester Greenstar. page 24 of the manual shows the switched live demand wire (the pump is fed from the boiler whih has its own switched mains feed

Google honeywell yplan diagram for a schematic.
Surely you have the manufacturers instructions for the boiler?
Switched live from 3 port valve (orange) connects with the switched live from cyl stat to go to switched live in on boiler. Simples
Check all the other wiring aswell.

The boiler will then only start up, when the cylinder stat calls, what starts the boiler when I want room heat?

Still seems not right..
I moved the boiler start wire to the orange of the valve, but I think now that the HW off and HW on are crossed. Thanks for your help so far but I need to get some (paid) work done now and come back to the central heating after 6.
Think I am getting close now

Came across this old thread while trying to find a solution to my problem. Posting the following to help others who find this thread.

I have just had a 3 port valve installed to convert my system to Y Plan. The new zone thus created is for the kitchen radiator ( in place of HW tank as shown on the diagrams).

After everything was installed and wired up boiler would not fire up. An enquiry to Worcester Bosch tech support confirms the Greenstar (28i Junior) will not start when supplied with the 33 to 148 Vac I measured from the Orange wire of the valve. It needs full 240Vac.

Best solutions seems a CARLO GAVAZZI relay from Farnell with "Control Voltage Range:24Vac to 275Vac" to produce a 240Vac start signal.

the 3 port valve should give 230vac on the orange if installed correctly, looks like you may have made a mistake on your wiring or the 3 port is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back