yale 3400 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my yale wireless alarm wont set and when i try it flashes fx,any ideas please ?

Sponsored Links
my yale wireless alarm wont set and when i try it flashes fx,any ideas please ?

Hi which model do you have?

I presume when you try and set it and you say it flashes you mean the lights on the siren.

If it is and you have a 6200 system then it simply means you have an open tamper switch.

This means one of your covers isn't fastened on properly.

This could be the siren (cover)

or one of the door contacts or pirs.

The pir covers are the hardest to fit snugly as they are a very precise fit.
If you put your pir too tightly into the corner of a room if the walls are not at a precise right angle (which they never are) then the pir cover wont fit flush and snug as the bracket gets pushed or pulled out of shape. Try gently easing the screws holding the pir onto the wall until the bracket is a nice relaxed egg shape.
You have to make sure you clip the top on first and then swing the pir down into place without disturbing the batteries.

The door contacts can also cause problems if the screw inside at the battery end hasn't been screwed flush. You need to make sure the screwholes on the bracket have been countersunk using a large phillips (crosshead) screwdriver.

Other than that your tamper switch at the cover or the rear of your siren baseplate need to be firmly closed.
Did the siren get mounted formly on the wall and as you tightened the screws did you hear the microswitch click?

Sponsored Links
thnx for the reply,i ave looked at my door contacts and they seem solid,as does my sensor.when i try to set it it doesnt even pip it does nothing at all exept flash on the wall control panel the fx button,im not very clever with these things and it worries me to mess but i will have another look thnx for your help i really appreciate it :)

Is this an older system with a square shaped pir sensor?

The I am not aware of any fx button on any current systems?

With the HSA6300 or 6400 you will get an lcd message telling you there is a tamper fault along with an the orange light illuminated on the panel.
There will also be an entry in the fault log and you will still get the option to force arm the system.

with the HSA6200 you will get the red led lights on the siren flashing and bleeping five times when you try to set an alarm with a tamper problem.

its been installed about 3 years,the control panel has numbers 1 to 0,prog,clr,home,arm,off and test buttons at the top it has 2 led lights one says active the other that flashes when i try to set it says TX sorry not fx.i will try to find out what model it is thnx again

hi again i think its a hsa 3400 model if that helps

Is the TX light continually flashing.

You may be in programming mode - press OFF twice so the light stops flashing and then try setting the ststem again.

if the siren makes 5 pips then you have a tamper fault somewhere or the siren batteries are low.

thnx again !!! im sorry to be a pain the light only flashes when i try to set it, a friend has told me that because the siren has been pipping 5 times when i set it for a long time now that the batteries in the siren are probably dead now,so im gonna get them changed and see if it works again thanks for your help i may need you again yet lol :)

If it's been in 3 years as you say, then highly likely ALL batteries need canging.

i have changed all the batteries a year ago and the outside siren still pipped 5 times so gonna change them again and see what happens

just a thought

if you have a tamper fault you can't trace, take the batts out of all the sensors and see if it goes away, then put them back in one at a time and see if/when the tamper fault comes back.

you can temporarily turn off tamper detect (you usually do this when changing batteries)

yep its your siren batteries for sure if you have replaced all the others and considering it has been 5 plipping for a while.

Just be aware that when you replace the siren batteries it loses its current status ie armed or disarmed and immediately after replacing the batteries the siren WILL go off if any sensors send a signal. ie when you open the door or walk in front of a pir.

you will need to go straight to your keypad and disarm the system.

2yrs for a complete battery change all round including siren is my personal advice.
If you source the batteries at the right place it will only cost around £10 for them all.
Only works out at £5 a year upkeep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back