Yale 6300 alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Rather frustratingly, one of my family switched the control panel and control panel battery switch off once we had 'learned' the PIRs and attached the siren (switched on) to the external wall.

I assume that the control panel will have 'forgotten' all the PIRs and siren, so I daren't knock it on because I don't to risk the siren going off (which I'm sure it'll do if I take the cover off it to switch it off anyway).

Can someone please advise on the best way to tackle this?

To summarise:

Everything was set up, but the control panel and control panel battery were switched off by mistake. I need to set it up again.

Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
Ah, is that even when the control panel battery in switched off as well as the mains power? I was just worried in case the battery was for the internal memory.

yes.

the battery keeps the alarm panel running in the event of a power cut, it lasts about 8 hours.

When worn out, it is possible to fit a Tamiya battery as a replacement, cheaper than the Yale part, provided the size fits inside, but you have to make your own connections.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, John. It's been over a week since the battery and control panel were switched on so hopefully it hasn't 'forgotten' the PIRs and siren as you advised and I can just switch it on and continue from there. Thanks for your help.

I have known them keep the memory for months, AFAIK it is held permantly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back