Yale 6400 beeping rapidly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Yale 6400 and until now everything has been ok.
In the early hours 2 days ago, the panel started beeping rapidly, then stopped, then started beeping again. There was no fault showing but it was asking for the P code, which when entered did nothing. After about 15 minutes of this beeping going on and off, it stopped.
As I said, there was no fault showing.
The alarm seems to be working as normal otherwise.
I did take a video of this but I don't think I can post here?

In the early hours of this morning, it happened again twice. Again there was no fault showing and on the first occasion the buttons were doing nothing.
I unplugged the power and the phone line and it went to the usual fault beeping every 40 seconds or so. I replugged it back in and went back to bed.
Then it happened again a few hours later, the buttons worked this time but to no effect.
Eventually it stopped.
I have just spoken to Yale and they said I need a new control panel at £96.
It seems strange that it only happens during the early hours!
My control panel is in a cupboard under the stairs and I have recently had a smart meter installed there. Would that interfere?

If anyone has any ideas regarding resolving this problem, I would be very grateful otherwise I shall shut it down to get a solid nights sleep tonight!

Sponsored Links
Look at other threads and posts in this forum. Loads to do with yale and bleeping problems.

recently had a smart meter installed there. Would that interfere?

In theory it shouldn't as they do not use the same radio channels. BUT a friend had a smart meter installed close to a remote controlled switch and this did interfere with the receiver in the remote controlled switch.

It maybe that spurious radiation from the electronics in the smart meter (*) is affecting the receiver of the switch.

(*) spurious and not intentional transmission from the transmitter in the smart meter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back