YALE 6400 FALSE ALARM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, ive had a YALE 6400 WIRELESS ALARM fitted for around 16 months and never had an issue, recently at random times, always at night possible once or twice a week the alarm triggers, sometimes the warning beeps wake me up but other times im not so lucky and end up waking the street, i have changed all of the batteries, the alarm trigger always comes from the same zone, i have even swapped the PIR with another and still get the same zone, we have no pets and i cannot see any bugs or spiders around the PIR, i cannot think what else it can be, anyone help me on this issue? oh and its never the same time or same day, its random.

Cheers

Dean

Sponsored Links
You say you have managed to stop it after hearing the warning beeps?
.. and yet you say it's a pir.
You would only get beeps if the device is designated an entry device.
Are you using a pir as an entry sensor?
It is always much preferable to use a door contact as your entry sensor.
If however you are using the pir as an entry device for a reason then you will have to look at why it could be getting triggered.
If you have tried swapping pir's and its still always the same zone then that does not eliminate the pir as the problem unless you had deleted the devices from the system and then reprogrammed them and allocated their new positions into the system.
What does the log say?

I have it set as an entry as the stairs come down into the living room and the PIR picks up when i get up in a morning, and also yes i deleted the PIR's from the system and re-allocated them

The log doesnt go far back enough to the last time it false alarmed, but it always shows same PIR

what is in front of this PIR?

door, window, fishtank, boiler, fire, radiator, blank wall, catflap, mousetrap?

Sponsored Links
mmmm. radiator, mirror, doorway, window beyond.

does it help if you move it?

I have PIRs pointing at similar things, and mine don't go off (but I was told not to point them at windows). You say no pets? do you have children? does it go off when the house is locked up and empty?

haven't you got a door sensor you can use as an Entry device?

The front door is set as entry but thats no good if i come down the stairs and trigger this PIR, the alarm was fine for the first year of it being fitted and nothing has changed in the living room that i can think of, no kids, no pets

The radiator doesnt come on during the night, window in kitchen has curtain closed, reflection in mirror cannot see an uncovered window

how would it be if you set that one as a "home" sensor?

have you got a door sensor on the back door?

whats the difference between 'home' and 'entry' ?

Yes i have a sensor on back door

Ive got one on front door, one on back door, PIR in front room and PIR on landing

you can set some sensors as "home" meaning that they will not sound the alarm when you have set the alarm as "home" (meaning "I am at home, I will be walking around inside my house")

it's in the instruction book.

I usually have all the internal sensors set as "home" but the external doors set as "entry" or "away," so that if someone forces a door while I am at home or in bed, the alarm will go off.

You might not set the garage sensor as "home" if you never go there once you are home for the evening, or would have to open the front door to go there.

Think that was why i had it as entry incase someone gets in some other way than the doors while were in bed, ive got the landing one set as home

maybe try putting it on the opposite wall so that it looks at something different?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back