YALE 6400 FALSE ALARM

there's a Yale enthusiast who will probably be on here in the next day or two (unless he's on holiday or something)

One or two of the professional alarmers will try to wind him up, try to keep calm.

Sponsored Links
Hi again. Thanks for your reply and confirming your system.
You are right to have the pir as an entry device as this means you can come down stairs and set the timer rather than setting off the alarm and also that it is still protecting whereas a pir set to 'home' in that scenario would be inneffective since you would then in effect only have a door sensor monitoring downstairs. The suggestion to move the sensor is the next logical step.
Just one suggestion - you say you changed the batteries - please do not tell me you put duracells in? They can be problematic. A generic brand is usually better there are issues with the fit of duracells in the holders.
That might possibly be an issue if the pir is in effect switching itself off and on. I don't see why it should be but hey you never know.

I think a couple are Duracell but i had this problem before i put them in, ill have to try moving it, just dont see why it just started doing it :(

Sponsored Links
There does not appear to be any obvious reason from your picture. Is there anything at all that might be creating a heat signature that was not there before. If you have cross checked the pir's as you say it can really only be a sensor location issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back