Yale 6400 PIR in conservatory?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is the standard Yale PIR suitable to be positioned in a conservatory, or will the fluctuating heat or light trigger the sensor?
If it is not suitable, would the 'pet friendly' PIR be better? I appreciate this is not the same as 'conservatory friendly'!
Cheers

Sponsored Links
No PiR, whether DiY Yale or any Pro PiR should be fitted in a conservatory.

A Dual element sensor is required, A DualTec of one flavour or another is the way to go. Don't think Yale do them though.

Use door/window contacts and a pir in the room the conservatory directly adjoins. I have with success used pirs in the room adjacent to the conservatory pointing in towards it from the opposite wall with success.
biggest tip. Dont leave things on show in your conservatory. Have been to homes where they have used conservatories as lounge extensions with Flat screen TVs music systems , laptops etc scattered around...not a good idea.

Thanks for advice.
I will fit contacts to conservatory, and a PIR in the adjoining room.
There is a radiator in this room, is this likely to trigger PIR?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks for advice.
I will fit contacts to conservatory, and a PIR in the adjoining room.
There is a radiator in this room, is this likely to trigger PIR?
Cheers

No as long as you dont site it directly above it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back