Yale 6400 series

The cable connection gives a level of security in its self.
If obvious it will be a deterent to a criminal and will set the alarm if tampered with.
Ah it's an ideal way of protecting the 'van', physical with the cable that has to be removed to take the van away is the first deterrent.

Any wireless system, think about it, you've gone shopping for the day, 'van' on drive, hitched up and removed with the wireless system, making a noise? in the house, 'van' goes down the road.

Sponsored Links
If obvious it will be a deterent to a criminal and will set the alarm if tampered with.
Ah it's an ideal way of protecting the 'van', physical with the cable that has to be removed to take the van away is the first deterrent.

Any wireless system, think about it, you've gone shopping for the day, 'van' on drive, hitched up and removed with the wireless system, making a noise? in the house, 'van' goes down the road.

Ha ha ha, now it all shows what you know about caravans and alarms, firstly that WOULD happen to a wired system unless the wire was strong enough to hold it !!!!! the van won't be going anywhere, well not with one wheel off, the other with a clamp, four steady locks, a handbrake lock and hitchlock, its the contents I'm protecting 24/7 as caravans are very easy to get into,

Oops sorry, you may be right after all, the enterprise may pop over and beam it up, aye aye scotty

A couple of ways of doing this of course.

1. A simple loop of cable with a plug/socket system from the wired alarm to and from the caravan.

2. A single length of cable, plug/socket, wired in such a way through the existing van sockets that removal will trip the alarm.

The plug/socket is the same type as used on the van, so can be 'plugged together' when away bypassing the 'missing' van.

It's so simple and SO effective.

Also so much less prone to any false alarm if done correctly.

Cost to connect to an existing DiY wired alarm, negligible. (All van owners have spare plug/sockets hanging around.

Edit - By the way, don't forget to have a look at all the vans parked on drives, with wheels, no locks etc. - you'd be surprised.

I have to troll this,

A wireless alarm had door sensors in two sheds across a lane from the main house ( which has a wired alarm ). Wireless used as it avoided the need to get cables across a public highway.

One of the sheds was redundant, demolished and removed. The wireless alarm still set as if all was OK so the owner assumed the demolition people had, as instructed, removed the door sensor and left it on site. They hadn't, the sensor had gone still attached to the door frame and been burnt.

Yet the alarm still set as normal. The manufacturer confirmed this was the case, a sensor could be carried away and if the tamper was not tripped the alarm system would not know a sensor was missing.

So a wireless sensor ( assuming one way non polling system ) in a caravan would provide no protection if the van was towed away.

Sponsored Links
Oops sorry, you may be right after all, the enterprise may pop over and beam it up, aye aye scotty
Unless it is tethered to a non movable object by a non breakable tether it can be moved... even if its own wheels are locked or removed it can easlily be made mobile enough to be stolen.

Boy oh boy, I ask one simple question and well, I drive a ford, if I had gone on a motoring forum and read every comment about fords I'd probably be on a push bike by now,
There's pros and cons to every system, it's just that I !!!!!!!! Yes me !!!!! chose a wireless system as I !!!! Not what Jo blogs thinks, this is a good system, and I am more than happy with it, ANYTHING is possible, and I suppose the above circumstances can happen just the same as a wired system not in the same way maybe, but while I have more than reasonable security on my van, very unlikely, it's the interior I'm protecting,
I have not rubbished wired systems just asked for advise

Now, where's that anti troll button.

Ha ha ha, now it all shows what you know about caravans and alarms, firstly that WOULD happen to a wired system unless the wire was strong enough to hold it !!!!! the van won't be going anywhere, well not with one wheel off, the other with a clamp, four steady locks, a handbrake lock and hitchlock, its the contents I'm protecting 24/7 as caravans are very easy to get into,

Oh dear, why do people always have to 'go off on one' followed by stupid comments, every time someone makes a comment about using a wired alarm system?

I bet you never read an digested what I was saying.

And then, there's 'D' butting in again with nothing.

For your information I know more about radio and wired alarm systems that you and 'D' will ever know.

You carry on playing with your toys, one day ......

Good luck.

Oh dear, why do people always have to 'go off on one' followed by stupid comments, every time someone makes a comment about using a wireless alarm system?

And then, there's 'B' butting in again with nothing.

For the DIYer, who wants a simple and low-cost system which he can install himself in an hour or so, and take with him if he moves, it is a choice he is entitled to make.

There's no point in the anti-Yale trolls clustering along whenever they see one mentioned.

If you actually READ the posts, you will see that I answered a question/comment.

And?

...give it a few minutes so you know it is not in sleep mode.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions, just found out problem... I obviously forgot about the 1 min sleep shutdown, and didn't allow enough time from walking out of sensor range ....

And then, there's 'D' butting in again with nothing....

...You carry on playing with your toys, one day ......

FFS

So just press the learn button on that sensor as you leave the house and it will be active straight away.
So will it also ignore you and not go into sleep mode as you walk away from it after pressing the learn button ?
Correct as it DOES NOT GO INTO SLEEP MODE after a single detection. it reports quite happily for many more.

A door sensor on the caravan or a movement sensor inside will detect someone entering the caravan and report it.

It is also easy to set up an alarm which will trigger if the caravan is towed away.

simply set up a door contact hanging from a thread so that movement will allow it to swing away from the magnet

:D

Oh dear, why do people always have to 'go off on one' followed by stupid comments, every time someone makes a comment about using a wired alarm system?

I bet you never read an digested what I was saying.

And then, there's 'D' butting in again with nothing.

For your information I know more about radio and wired alarm systems that you and 'D' will ever know.

You carry on playing with your toys, one day ......

Good luck.

I'm now quite sure you know absolutly nothing about alarm systems, you seem to be able to turn every comment or question asked on this forum around, and if you read or possibly cannot you will see I have never ( gone off on one) as you say Ive not rubbished wired systems simply asked for advice, alls well until you put your ore in, yes your probably clapping your arms and jumping up n down at the chaos you cause, well if thats how you get your pleasure well your sad it's only when someone has a go at you and you throw your toys out the pram, if you can't give sound advice and help on this forum, then get off, because you obviously no nothing of any use

A door sensor on the caravan or a movement sensor inside will detect someone entering the caravan and report it.

It is also easy to set up an alarm which will trigger if the caravan is towed away.

simply set up a door contact hanging from a thread so that movement will allow it to swing away from the magnet

:D
Actually I have a PIR and door sensor in the caravan, as I said I'm more concerned about the contents, and with the door contacts on 24/7 I'm reasonably sure I'm well protected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back