Yale alarm Keeps beeping randomly...Please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the alarm installed almost 3 years now, all worked fine, until beginning of the week where alarm control unit started beeping at 2:30 every night!!!! Every 30 - 60 sec and carries on for about 30 minutes. This happens in armed or un-armed mode. Doesnt show any fault on display.Now its happening more randomly. Tried to phone Yale, but was holding for 15min...Please help as this is driving me insane!!!!(

Sponsored Links
Is there a smoke detector in the room?

Have you got any door sensors set to chime?

When did you fit a new set of batteries?

Is there a smoke detector in the room?

Have you got any door sensors set to chime?

When did you fit a new set of batteries?

Thanks John for your reply...
yes i have a smoke detector less than a metre away from the control unit. And i put some new batteries to one of the sensors week before.

Did you put a duracell battery in the sensor?
If so swap it for another make and that should cure the problem.

Sponsored Links
An explanation of the problem with the Duracells would be good, after all they are one of, if not the most popular on the market.

Does Yale give this warning?

i put some new batteries to one of the sensors week before.
What about all the others? If it is three years old they all need changing

Are you sure it isn't the smoke alarm bleeping?

What about the door chimes?

An explanation of the problem with the Duracells would be good, after all they are one of, if not the most popular on the market.

Does Yale give this warning?

They are a poor fit in the battery holder causing intermittent contact.

I don't know if Yale know of this problem.

Going to the original problem a low battery issue would be flagged up on the fault log. So this is not a low battery issue as the owner has said nothing shows up on the panel.
Since the robem did not exist until the batteries were changed then you have to look there first for an answer.
If the sensor front hadn't been correctly fitted a tamper condition could occur but again this would show on the fault log. The problem also appears to be random so a poor battery fitment looks like being the cause of the problem and since in my experience duracells are the premium cause of bad fitment and power issues that is the first question to ask. It is to do with the design of the AAA battery where the distance between the shoulders and the positive electrode is a shorter proportion than most batteries causing the electrode to barely touch the contact for the circuit.

Of course it could be something else but this is the first question to ask.

They are a poor fit in the battery holder causing intermittent contact.

I don't know if Yale know of this problem.
Well why don't you tell them then? You've have been spouting this for a few years now.

thanks all for advise, took the smoking alarm away from that room this morning, havnt had a beep yet, but at least would clarify if it is defenately the yale alarm or the smoke alarm. I only changed the one sensor as the control panel indicated that, that specific sensor's battery is low...and no i used Energiser batteries, but will keep the duracell warning in my head for future, thanks. Well lets wait and see for the next beep...

My alarm beeps to let you know if the mains has been interrupted has the supply to the panel been turned off or on a key/slot meter?

Regards,
footprints

Thanks for clarifying the battery type you used. They will be no problem.
John D may be right on this one since nothing shows on the panel it may well be your smoke detector that is indicating low battery status. being near the panel wont have caused a prob as it has been there for three years already without probs. Have you tested the smoke detector by pressing its button? If the batteries are low this will tell you.

The problem also appears to be random so a poor battery fitment

chrissy said:
until beginning of the week where alarm control unit started beeping at 2:30 every night!!!!

Of course it could be something else but this is the first question to ask.

2:30 every night does not sound random. Maybe the
something else
is an external event that affects the panel and caused it to bleep without creating a record in the log.

If it is definately the panel that is bleeping ( and not something else in the room ) then e-mail the manufacturer's technical support with the details. E-mails to the technical department will get a more thought out response ( therefore more accurate ) than a phone call to a help desk agent who has to answer without having time to fully research the problem.

Is the beeping accompanied by orange warning light on the panel being activated?

If the orange warning light comes on then there should be an entry in the fault log.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back