Yale door contacts stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Yale EF Kit 1 which has been working fine for about 3 years. I replaced the batteries recently (which I've done successfully in the past) but both my front and rear door magnetic contacts have stopped working (i.e. they don't trigger the alarm). Everything else in the system is working normally. I can arm\disarm with keypad and keyfob, and the PIRs trigger the siren when tripped. I've been through the learn and test procedures twice but the contacts still don't work. Any further checks I can do?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

This might not work for you; but a common problem with battery powered thermostats, is changing the batteries too quickly!

Basically, if the batteries are changed too quickly, the electronics may still be running, but in a corrupted way. If the batteries are removed for a while, the device can have a clean reboot.

As I say, this really might not help you. But it might be worth having a go, before redoing the learn and test procedures again! :)

Thanks Randomgrich that was good advice but the problem was due to the batteries. I thought I was installing fresh batteries but have since found they were both dead :( All working now :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back