Yale EF-KIT1 PIR Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I installed a Yale EF-KIT1 home alarm about 3 years ago and had no problems. Due the circumstanes this year it has not been used for quite a few months so I decided to change all the batteries and bought an extra PIR for the garage, now the PIR in the living room does not work and the new PIR in the garage isn't Learning the the system. I spoke to someone at Yale but they seemed to read from the instruction manual for troubleshooting, can anyone help me please?

Sponsored Links
JohnD is the Yale person on here.

take the batteries out of the two prirs, the one in the living room check the battery was inserted correctly, may want to get another battery just in case, it was a duffer?

I have changed the batteries in both PIR’s to Duracell Procell, I didn’t disarm the tamper setting to check the connectivity, the PIR that came with the system did nothing when I opened it but both door sensors set the alarm off when I changed the batteries in them.

I’ve tried the system again in the learn test mode and neither PIR will connect.

you didn't say if you followed secureiam's suggestion to check the battery was inserted correctly.

Did you?

When you say you didn’t disarm the tamper setting, do you mean you didn't follow the instructions?

I am not experienced on the EF range.

Read up the factory reset instructions as you may need them.

Sponsored Links
Hi JohnD,

yes I checked the batteries were were inserted correctly but also changed them incase 'it was a duffer' as secureiam stated.

Yes I followed the instructions the first time I changed the batteries but this time i wanted to test the tamper settings on the sensors to see if they were connecting to the Alarm system and the PIR's have no connection at all!

I’ve managed to solve the problems with the Alarm system, no thanks to the useless help on this forum.

the only answer from the Yale person on the site was about changing the batteries... wish I’d have thought of that, and the 2nd from a self confessed “I have no experience in what I’m talking about”!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back