Yale HSA 6400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I’m in the process of fitting my new alarm! I know it’s not the greatest but for my budget is better than nothing!

Just a few questions if the door sensors or PIR sensor was to go flat whilst I am away will it trigger the alarm or just disable the flat sensor?

Also when arming or disarming the alarm can the chime from the siren be disabled?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just reading the manual it says about packing the siren tamper spring?
Is this something you would advise and is it as simple as placing a piece of plastic under the spring? (Something such as a UPVC window spacer)

Hi I’m in the process of fitting my new alarm! I know it’s not the greatest but for my budget is better than nothing!

Just a few questions if the door sensors or PIR sensor was to go flat whilst I am away will it trigger the alarm or just disable the flat sensor?

Also when arming or disarming the alarm can the chime from the siren be disabled?

Thanks

1) Can't remember. If you change the batteries once a year that won't happen. They will actually last longer than that. They create "low battery" warnings long before they go flat.

2) yes

Just reading the manual it says about packing the siren tamper spring?
Is this something you would advise and is it as simple as placing a piece of plastic under the spring? (Something such as a UPVC window spacer)

I've never needed to do it. If you have a rough stone wall you might need to. You will see the plastic finger sticking out the back when you handle the siren. When the lid is on you hear it click when pressed and released. I'd use a piece of hard flat plastic of ample size. Maybe the size of a cigarette packet so you can be sure the feeler will be on it even when you waggle the siren case onto its keyholes. Use two brass or stainless screws to avoid rust. The packer must not move or fall out.

Sponsored Links
Thanks is there a way to adjust the amount of time the external siren will sound if triggered on the 6400?

I can’t see a mention in the manual and would like to set it to a low time whilst I get used to the system without annoying the neighbours.

You can set it with jumpers in the siren. The section that is not the battery case contains the electronics. It is easier if you take the siren off the wall and work with it laid in the table. The shortest siren time is one second, useful when you are setting up and testing. Edit: this is not mentioned in the 6400 instructions but they tell you how to do it with the controlpanel

The neighbours will be less annoyed if you wrap the siren in pillows and put it in a cupboard inside your house while you are tinkering.

You can set "Alarm Length" with the control panel, inside "Advanced Settings"
See Section 5 of the instructions.

From 1 to 15 minutes, in 1 minute increments. Factory default is 3 minutes.

Last edited:
switch 3 off, switch 4 off.

before you change any switches, note the position they are in so you can return them to normal later.

This instruction is from an old model so might not work for you.

Ok many thanks but your fairly sure on the new models I can change the siren via the control panel to 1-15 minutes?

That's what it says in my instructions. What does it say in yours?

It doesn’t mention the siren all it say about is the control unit siren

You can set "Alarm Length" with the control panel, inside "Advanced Settings"
See Section 5 of the instructions.

From 1 to 15 minutes, in 1 minute increments. Factory default is 3 minutes.

What do your instructions say under "advanced settings?"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back