Yale HSA6400 alarm remote fob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just got the above alarm and could do with a few fobs (for upstairs, entering house through garage etc). Someone on eBay is selling universal compatible fobs (but for more than the genuine Yale items!). Can I buy a cheaper generic cloning fob and get it to work?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the fobs won't work unless you enter by your "entry" door. this is to prevent someone finding the fob in the street and getting in through the back

A Remote Keypad will do it, and requires a code. this is in fact preferable to having the control panel near your front door, so you can hide it well away from an entry point.

If I were you I'd stick with the genuine product made by Yale, as those are guaranteed to work with your alarm, whereas with using generic cloning fobs don't always work right, or may be dead on arrival in some cases.

Thanks, got a genuine fob for upstairs and a key pad for garage.

Sponsored Links
Just fitting the alarm now. I note the advice above not to fit panel near the front door/main entry point - is this because intruder could cut the phone line? or because the panel can be disabled during the countdown? I ask because it is the most convenient location at the moment and we don't currently have a landline (till we are out of contract with our ISP in a few months). If we get on with the system I can get another keypad when we have a landline (the keypad I have now is for the garage which is the second entry point and probably the most likely way in for a burglar) and "hide" the panel.

Thanks

It's good practice to hide the alarm control panel away from sight and therefore prying eyes to eliminate basic risks such as an intruder breaking the panel open and disconnecting the mains and battery for example.

Thanks again, so far I have the panel nearish the front door - hiding it means we can't hear the countdown when we open the door (we live on a busy road). Also we have young children who come downstairs at night - so I've put a put a pir on the stairs set to entry and trained them to disarm on the main panel when they hear the countdown - realistically they wouldn't manage with the keypad or fob - too fiddly and nothing to hear. There is an anti tamper switch on the panel so hopefully a bit of protection. The other issue is when I come in through the garage (set as an entry so I can disarm with the fob) I can't hear the panel so know I'm going to forget to disarm - I need a repeater for the countdown from the panel - I don't think this exists?? I was thinking of breaking into the speaker wires in the panel and connecting a small second speaker in the garage??

I have to say this is more challenging than I thought! We actually have 3 garages (2 at the end of the garden but appear to be in range) and the one attached to the house has doors at both ends. I now have 5 pirs and 5 door contacts in the system which all seem to function ok so I think it's now a matter of seeing how it all works in practice.

I think Yale do a wirefree ancillary internal speaker/sounder. Did a quick search and there seems to be one, however I'm not sure. If there is, buy one. It'll help. Is there a keypad in the garage and does it produce any sound?

Thanks I'll have a search or ask Yale tomorrow to see for sure. Neither the keypad or fob make any sound just an led flashing when you've done something - to be honest a bit disconcerting - you hope you've disarmed it when you come in through the garage (obviously you'll find out pretty quickly if you haven't) and a bit of concern whether you've armed it when leaving via the garage.

I've used various yales including the hsa6400 and think I am pretty familiar with the accessory range... I even had a wireless smoke alarm, which is rarely seen.

I suppose you could have an additional siren in or by the garages (the hsa6400 will run an infinite number of sirens) and set them to bleep as well as flash when set/unset. You can use the siren from the hsa6200, it is compatible and if you buy the kit it includes 4 more sensors and a keypad, all compatible with the 6400.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back