Yale Alarm Interference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for help on the forum, I never found an answer to my problem, so now I've managed to fix it, here is what happened.

I have a Yale 6400 series with the standard white control panel, digital display etc, two days ago it beeped and displayed "IR *** sensor offline" or similar words, I have never seen this before and there is no mention of this in any Yale manual, yellow light on, error log only showed AC failure. There definitely was NO AC failure..
I then checked the PIR sensor it said and it would no longer work... did all standard tests, walk test, delete and re-fit new device, none worked.

I then found that removing the PIR sensor and bringing it close to the control panel it started working, it accepted new device when pressing button. This made me wonder either if the control box was buggered or was something interfering with the signal.

The clever bit... no sensors, PIR, door or remote fob more than 10 feet away were no longer working..

I took the control unit off the wall and disabled the tamper, holding the remote fob within a few feet (arms length) of the control unit I wandered around the house pressing the Alarm off fob button, this makes the control panel beep twice.

Once I was about 15 feet away from the original control panel position the remote started working, as I moved closer to the original position it stopped... by gradually working my way around the house I ended up by the outside wall of my extension, I then thought NO...! on the other side of the wall, outside I had a Weather and temperature sensor which transmitted remotely to a display inside the house, it has been there for 5 years and the Yale alarm has been in operation 6 years without any problems. I then took the batteries out of the weather sensor transmitter fob and hey presto... all was working again.

Obviously it was chucking out some random interference at 433 ish Mhz, once I pit the batteries back in the weather unit all was still fine, so it was stuck in a temp spurious output, however I still wont be using it anymore.

So, there we are, a real story of interference, jamming that actually happened... I came about so close to buying another system for around £180, glad I persevered, I guess a new box would also have experienced the same problem.. I shall be writing to the Weather unit supplier to let them know as well.

PS, any similar problems, suspect any remote unit operating around the 433Mhz frequency,

Many thanks, hope this helps someone.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back