Yale direct support disappeared

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The web addresses for direct support given by Yale in their literature and corporate site ( www.yalesupport.com and www.yalesupport.co.uk ) no longer work. Anyone know what happened?

I installed a Yale Premium Alarm 6 weeks ago plus key fobs and a few extra PIRs and door contacts. It worked fine for a month but now when re-entering the hose the alarm seems disarmed (no countdown beeps and no response from Entry and Home Omit sensors). Yet other sensors trigger the alarm. I can't dial in to turn it off as the thing is phoning me.

Another thing: does it strike anyone else as stupid for the recipient of the alarm call to have to press 9 repeatedly to cancel it? This could easily result in a 999 call to the emergency services.

Sponsored Links
Battery ( in website ) needs replacing ?

The door sensor may not be operating. If the sticky pad has allowed the sensor and / or magnet to move then the magnet may not be operating the switch in the sensor when the door is closed. So the door appears open to the alarm. The alarm can be set with the door sensor showing the door as "open". The alarm doesn't see the door opening so it won't start the count down.

The web addresses for direct support given by Yale in their literature and corporate site (www.yalesupport.com and www.yalesupport.co.uk) no longer work. Anyone know what happened?

I installed a Yale Premium Alarm 6 weeks ago plus key fobs and a few extra PIRs and door contacts. It worked fine for a month but now when re-entering the hose the alarm seems disarmed (no countdown beeps and no response from Entry and Home Omit sensors). Yet other sensors trigger the alarm. I can't dial in to turn it off as the thing is phoning me.

Another thing: does it strike anyone else as stupid for the recipient of the alarm call to have to press 9 repeatedly to cancel it? This could easily result in a 999 call to the emergency services.

Your phone wont ring out a 999 call because you are already connected to a call.

Have you got a wireless router near your entry door?
Have you tried walk testing the door sensor?
Have you got the door contact for your entry door set up correctly or is the magnet too far from the sensor.
Is the door sensor where there is metalwork in the door?
Are you using a pir as an entry device?
Is that pir facing the right way to detect you as you come in? (Pir sensors work better detecting movement accross their field of detection rather than toward)
Yep it looks as if Yale have failed to renew the domain or their site has been hacked.
Why would home omit sensors not give a response do you only part set when leaving the home?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm glad someone confirmed the Yale Support site is down despite the statement above to the contrary.

My point about having to press 9 repeatedly, as per the Yale instructions if using a mobile or DECT handset, is that the first 9 may end the call and the extra 9s in the keypad buffer may then cause an unintended 999 call to the emergency services. Probably the system was developed abroad where the government thought a bit harder about what number to use for emergencies.

The alarm was set to Away Arm, but seemed to behave as if on Home Arm when re-entering the house. When testing, it works correctly but if left for a day or two the system seems to get confused. There is a door contact (Entry) on the front door and a PIR (Home Omit) in the hallway. Neither triggered the alarm on entering the house and there were no countdown beeps. However on entering a room with a PIR (Burglar) the alarm went off immediately.

On p19 of the instructions it says:

"The recipient should acknowledge the message by pressing '9' on their telephone when prompted.

"Recipients using radio DECT phones or mobiles should press the numbers repeatedly until the call is closed."

that's interesting

On my DECT cordless, or my mobile phone, I only have to press it once. I suppose they might be assuming the bleep will not get through the first time.

p.s.
I had a query for them last November, when they sent me a soft-copy manual. I see the reply came from
[email protected]
and the email said
Yale Technical Alarm Support.
Tel. 01902 364606

p.p.s.
Looking at their website, it describes a new range, the "868MHz Easy Fit Alarm" with "rolling code" I have not seen on sale yet.
I suppose that explains why the previous range has been on sale at reduced prices recently.

I also saw their "news" that on 25 October they launched a new website
http://digital.yale.co.uk/ which quotes the same phone no
and the "contact us" button looks as if it is working here http://digital.yale.co.uk/contact

It is rather annoying if they forgot to link in their old web addresses.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm glad someone confirmed the Yale Support site is down despite the statement above to the contrary.

My point about having to press 9 repeatedly, as per the Yale instructions if using a mobile or DECT handset, is that the first 9 may end the call and the extra 9s in the keypad buffer may then cause an unintended 999 call to the emergency services. Probably the system was developed abroad where the government thought a bit harder about what number to use for emergencies.

The alarm was set to Away Arm, but seemed to behave as if on Home Arm when re-entering the house. When testing, it works correctly but if left for a day or two the system seems to get confused. There is a door contact (Entry) on the front door and a PIR (Home Omit) in the hallway. Neither triggered the alarm on entering the house and there were no countdown beeps. However on entering a room with a PIR (Burglar) the alarm went off immediately.

Your use of a Home Omit sensor in the hallway does not quite make sense. If the alarm is set to away arm using the RED button then that home omit sensor would set the alarm off if you came into its field unless the door contact is opened first.
I suspect for some reason as mentioned before your door contact is not working correctly.
Go to the door contact and press the learn button - this will light the led . Now watch that light as you open and close the door. The light should go out when you close the door and come on when you open it. This indicates a signal is being sent from the sensor.
If the light comes on to indicate the sensor is sending but you dont get a cettesponding beep from the panel (In walk test mode) then you have an inteference roblem caused by either metalwork in the door or a signal from perhaps a router or other rf device nearby . Cordless phone base station?
If this is the case simply move the sensor to another position on the door until you find a place where it reliably sends a confirmed signal to the panel in walk test.
If however you open and close the door after pressing its learn button and the red light does not flash off and on then you have a problem with the positioning of the magnet.

i clicked on your link and it worked i navigated through two links to tec support

now if thats not working then your correct but in my eyes its fine :eek:

i clicked on your link and it worked i navigated through two links to tec support

now if thats not working then your correct but in my eyes its fine :eek:

When you click the link you are actually redirected to some domain listing site not an official Yale page.

this is what it says

Yalesupport.co.uk
October 29, 2012

Related Searches

technical support
distance learning
customer support
online school
computer repair
colleges
tech support
online training
computer
find a friend

its a grey page with orange top left hand side then black band fading to grey after is that not the official site i dont know just trying to be helpfull

:D

Look at the name of the domain in the address bar.
It actually says WW2 not WWW
This is a redirection NOT an actual Yale site.

Why would the Yale alarm official site have links to other wireless alarm providers?

sorry the Yalesupport site does not work as first pointed out.

Just thinking about the comment above. THE hallway PIR is set to Home Omit to allow movement inside the house (eg from bedroom to kitchen) at night. However the hallway is between the front door (with Entry door contact) and the control panel.

In this scenario, should the hallway PIR be Home Omit, Entry or Away Entry?

Thanks for all the advice.

PS Still haven't solved the main problem but have turned off the WiFi on the broadband router which is not quite a metre from the control panel.

PS2 Tried to phone Yale on both numbers 01902 364 606/647 and never got through to a human. Emails are not answered. I suspect no-one is there.

WiFi on the broadband router which is not quite a metre from the control panel.

very likely causing prob.

luckily the Yale panel, being wireless, is simple to move around the house at whim.

Did you try mdf's tips from Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:07 am or Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 pm ?

He's had a lot of practice with Yale alarms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back