Yale HSA6400 Dip Switch Settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It has been a while since I learned in my alarm sirens and I remember the Yale instruction looked a little unclear with regards to the dip switch settings. So I have 2 questions -

1. The raised dip switch itself - is on with the white switch to the left or to the right?

2. What do the four dip switches actaully do from top to bottom?

TIA

Alistair

Sponsored Links
Hi,
If you read the manuals you will be sorely confused.

The reason being that in reality the dip switches are white plastic in a blue or black mounting whereas when you look at the drawings in the manual they have used a black rectangle with a BLACK square to represent the dip switch setting . This means confusion abounds as the empty space next to the black square forms a white square and therefore looks like the actual dip switch appearance. Following the instructions can lead to the dip switches being the exact opposite of where they should be.

The dip switches however operate as follows.

The dip switches are numbered 1-4 with switch 1 being the lowermost switch and switch 4 being the top switch.

The switches are in the OFF position when pushed fully to the RIGHT and in the ON position when pushed fully to the LEFT.

From the bottom

Switch 1 is used to clear the current memory settings within the siren.
This is achieved by placing switch one ON ie to the LEFT and pressing the learn button.
Under normal use and during learning in devices switch one will allways be OFF and pushed to the RIGHT.

Switch 2 is rarely used in fact in 300 installations I have never had to use it at all.
This switch is used to turn off the signal jamming detection should local radio inteference be causing your siren to false alarm.

Switch 3 is used to set the siren activation time length.
When switch 4 is ON and the the LEFT meaning the siren is in MASTER mode switch 3 to the LEFT (ON) sets the siren to sound for 10 minutes when OFF (DEFAULT) the siren will sound for 4 minutes.
When switch 4 is OFF the siren time length is dictated instead by the parameters set in the control panel when programming the alarm system.

Switch 4 toggles the siren between SLAVE ( default) mode and MASTER mode.
Slave mode is when switched OFF(to the right)
Master mode is when switched ON(to the left)

If you are installing a standard alarm with a remote keypad and no control panel (Yale 6200) then you switch dip switch 4 on (to the left)
Master mode
This then means the siren pcb controls the the activation of itself and all reacts to signals from the learnt in devices.
If you are installing a 6300 or 6400 alarm then dip switch 4 is set to OFF(right) and the siren only acts as a SLAVE to the control panel with the control panel reacting to signals from sensors and devices and then passing on an activation signal to the siren if necessary.

That is exactly what I wanted to know about the dip switch settings and you are right the Yale mnaual really sucks on that part - Thanks Yaleguy3

Sponsored Links
ha ha nice to see fast alarms still posting questions for himself to answer :LOL:

I would say MYOB - but sorry but I know nothing about fast alarms - this guy answered my question and took the effort to do this. I have reported this to admin ... If they want to look closer they will see that I have a Danish IP address - therefore please stop accusing someone of spamming with Q&A when I posted the original thread and Yaleguy3 took the time to give me the answer I was looking for.

You must think I came down in the last shower Mark.

You're not fooling anyone.

Admin / Moderators - as per previous request please close this thread as it seem RF Lightning has nothing to contribute to my original question.

I would say MYOB - but sorry but I know nothing about fast alarms - this guy answered my question and took the effort to do this. I have reported this to admin ... If they want to look closer they will see that I have a Danish IP address - therefore please stop accusing someone of spamming with Q&A when I posted the original thread and Yaleguy3 took the time to give me the answer I was looking for.
He is telling the truth, I happen to know.

Did no one else notice that awilson29 first lived in yorkshire then moved to denmark while writing in this thread?

Well this thread could go on suffice to say that yes my profile did state Yorkshire as I am an expat working in Denmark. My parents live in Driffield in East Yorkshire and that was my last residential address before I became a non-resident ... user Johnd knows this because I purchased an item from him and he mailed it to me here in Denmark but was going to mail it to my parents address in UK and I would pick it up when I was home over my summer holiday ... Case closed and hopefully this dumb argument ...

AWilson, my apologies for the attack of the numpties on this thread.

I always replay to any Yale threads I see on here.

For some strange reason the cronies on this site keep accusing me of inventing the threads myself.

This is something I have categorically never done , all I aim to do is give my experience of Yale systems to anyone who wants it.

Glad I could be of help.

Regards Mark

I have had to change my identity several times on this site as I am continually followed around by the brainless trolls you yourself have experienced . Whenever I stand up for myself against them I get banned . I can only assume one of the trolls is also a moderator on this site.

No problem man, I asked a simple question here as when I search for Yale Alarm control panel then I could see this forum pop up so I joined :)

Whether you are promoting your business or not thanks for your help regardless - you have gone out of your way to help me and as such I stepped up in your defense as did JohnD for me as flaming someone who took the time to provide a detailed and customized answer (not an extract of a user manual etc) does not deserve this kind of treatment. Forums like this are built on its userbase nd your help is highly appreciated.

Best regards, Alistair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back