YALE HSA6400 Entry Time issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Great forum this!

I've just got a new HSA6400 unit and all fitted OK. At present, I've only got four PIR activated. Two door/window contacts soon to be fitted. I have set Entry and Exit times (30secs). Exit time seems to be fine. ENTRY Time does not. Every time I enter with alarm armed, it immediately triggers. In the short term, I've stopped annoying the neighbours by using a 1 min Siren Delay.

Is there any reason why the Entry Time is not delayiung the activation?

Sponsored Links
Make the PIR an ENTRY device.

One reason why Yale say "Do not point a PIR at the door contact".

Does this mean that "Entry Time" only works for "ENTRY" devices? So, when I have one on the system it will delay activation?

No it will not delay activation, it will start the entry timer.
I strongly suggest you re read the manual and understand what you are trying to do.

Sponsored Links
The bit that says items that are made "Entry" will start the entry timer.
The clue was in my previous, under the term ENTRY.

Thank You.

Don't thank him he is arrogant and patronising as usual.

I am sorry I did not get to you before Alarm.

Basically though he is correct and without being patronising unlike some for the entry timer to work a device needs to be assigned as an entry device,
Usually it is the front door contact but in your case lets assume you come in the front door and you have a pir in your hallway.
In this case press pr then your code and then enter - you will then be in the programme menu as you know.
use the down arrow and select devices - then select edit devices - then select your pir that is going to be your entry device ie the sensor that detects you entering the home. when you have selected that device then make sure you select E for entry device and not B for Burglar or O for omit. After pressing the enter key just keep working through the selections until you go back to the edit device menu selection screen then simply backspace out of the programming menu.

Every 6300 or 6400 system must have at least 1 entry device otherwise as you say the system will just activate straight away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back