Yale locks, please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have been trying to install a yale night latch lock 40mm narrow, and am struggling.

I have already fit a 60mm onto another door fine, no problem.

The cylinder bar at first wasn't slotting into the lock when i placed it in position on the door. So we cut the cylinder bar down to just over 12mm past the fixing plate. But it still doesn't seem to be connecting. So you can't turn the lock manually whilst it appears to be in place on the door.

It's driving me banana's, i don't know what i'm doing wrong. I didn't need to cut the 60mm cylinder bar down at all, it just worked as it was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks
Hazel

Sponsored Links
Is it a YALE lock or other brand ? Does it have an arrow pointer on the back of the lock neat the cylinder slot ?

Hi yes it is a Yale, 2 Yale B-706-CH-CH-40 706 Traditional...

There is an arrow on the back, there isn't much movement in the slat hole, i've got it set as picture attached. Many thanks for the reply.

Attachments

• Back of yale lock.jpg
    Back of yale lock.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 18

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back