Yale Premium Alarm - Exit Siren Beep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to stop the Siren beeping when you are about to exit your house?

Having looked through the instructions it seems you can turn the control panel sound off, but i can't see any way of turning the siren off.

As soon as you set the alarm, during the exit period the outside siren beeps away. You automatically VERY LOUDLY announce that you're about to leave your house!

Doesn't sound right to me.. maybe i have missed something really obvious?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The bleeps are the confirmation that the battery in the siren is still OK and that the siren is responding to messages from sensors or the control panel.

As it is one way radio communication the siren can only confirm it is OK by bleeping or flashing its strobe.

I believe when the battery is getting close to being empty then the bleep pattern changes to tell the owner the battery needs changing.

If you didn't hear bleeps and knew what they meant you could not know that the siren was still functional.

Go to the programming menu

select 'devices'
then go down to the 'program siren' menu

then go through the options till you get to 'confirm beep'.

then select confirm beep OFF..

job done.. :)

Sponsored Links
As mdf said...
However is just the one beep or is continuous beeping?
If ts one beep ten as above, if its continues beeping like the siren box in the house then I believe its a battery on a device. But it's been awhile since I've installed Yale I will have to refresh myself... Though mdf s a expert on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back