Yale Smart Home Alternatives

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I have really been considering the Yale Smart Home security system. I love the fact that the alarm, plug sockets, cctv and door locks are all on the same system, and more importantly the fact that I can control it all via my phone. I love the idea of being able to arm the system from where ever I am if i forget to do it when I leave. And even better if the alarm triggers at night I can see which zone has gone without having to leave the bedroom.

However I have been reading very bad things about the smartphone app which has really put me off.

So that leaves me to wonder does anybody know any good alternatives that offer the same sort of features?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
well there are afew panels that offer this but what you can buy and where becomes a little harder.

Texecom have released Texecom connect stage 1, but the connect part will only work on iOS devices at present.

The smart com is basically a communicator and there ricochet panels can add wireless controlled plugs at present.

The smart hub which would have zwave functionality etc will be released at some point in the future, so depends on what you want now I guess.

As secariam says there are other panels out there that will do this. Texecom and Pyronix home control can be bought. I use Risco panels and cloud based platform but you need an installer to set up the cloud side.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have looked at all 3 and the risco one looks to be good. I have sent them an email.

Does anybody have any experience with the Response Electronics system? It looks like is has everything I need apart from external cameras.

Sponsored Links
I'd stick with the Yale if fitting yourself.....fitted one a couple of months ago...very good and the app was certainly no worse than pyronix......think it was a sr-340 with power switch dubrois which customer was using to remotely turn upstairs light....

Cheers
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody installed a home8 system? They seem to have everything yale has appart from the electronic locks, that is a diy kit too and their app has a good rating on the play store.

Also Texecom got back to me, they are releasing their android app early 2018.

Correct tex are completely changing the range of ricochet........

BUT for a DIY installer I would recommend the Yale......it's a good little system.....not the Yale of old!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back