YEDL Want a Load figure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called to a light industrial unit today.

Customer is splitting the unit into 2.

Currently has a 3 phase supply.

He wants YEDL to provide a seperate supply to the other unit to be, for metering purposes.

He has completed the paper work 'ticking' 3 phase.

They have returned it asking for a LOAD figure.

This is pretty impossible to give.

all I know at the moment is the unit requiring the new supply is only going to be used for plumbing storage a few sockets for power tools, lighting and the office.

However the customer agreed that it would be sensible to leave all options open.

The over-riding factor is that both units have roller shutters powered by 3 phase motors.

He/ we thought it would be best to put a figure of 55kVA based on the info given of

upto 20kVA for single phase and upto 60kVA 3 phase.

I would appreciate any imput on this.

The other unit is to become a garage with a ramp also requiring 3 phase supply, this is not a problem as the 3 phase supply is already there!!

Sponsored Links
Thankyou oh 3 Phase King :D

Dug me out twice tonight much appreciated!!!

So If I tell him he should tell YEDL he wants 100A per phase it MIGHT satisfy them?!?!

Cheers

Col

Sponsored Links
They are probably still using 240v in their calcs as 70kw it works out just a shade over 100A per phase at 230v

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back