Yellowhammer document released: but title changed and no15 redacted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
More government lies

'Base case scenario' changed to 'Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions'

No 15 redacted: 15. Facing EU tariffs makes petrol exports to the EU uncompetitive. Industry had plans to mitigate the impact on refinery margins and profitability but UK Government policy to set petrol import tariffs at 0% inadvertently undermines these plans." [More to come

Yellowhammer document was dated 2nd Aug.
Gove said in Aug, the document was 'out of date'

The lies just run on and on.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
section 15 says more than that.

Yellowhammer15.jpg

too embarrassing to let the public see it.

Yellowhammer document sets out potential damage of no-deal Brexit

Government foresees possible days-long delays at ports and shortages of food, medicine and fuel

https://www.ft.com/content/dc8053e4-d4c8-11e9-a0bd-ab8ec6435630

"A no-deal Brexit would mean delays at Dover, widespread protests, travel disruption and potential shortages of food, medicines and fuel under the worst-case scenario laid out in the government’s official “Operation Yellowhammer” plan.

Ministers finally released the controversial documents at close to 8pm on Wednesday night after months in which they had fought to keep them secret.

Just hours earlier, business secretary Andrea Leadsom said it would be a mistake to publish the documents because they would only “concern” people.

“I actually do not think that it serves people well to see what is absolutely the worst thing that could happen,” she said.

"The paper, marked “official sensitive”, predicted passenger delays at the Eurostar terminal at St Pancras and at Dover with disruption on transport services.

Fuel distribution could be hit in London and the south-east while panic buying could spread to other parts of the country.

It suggested that medical supplies would be “particularly vulnerable to severe extended delays” given that three-quarters of medicines come via the Dover-Calais route. Any disruption to medicines for vets could lead to disease outbreaks.

The document admitted that the government might not be able to calculate the full impact on the supply chain for food and agriculture: “Certain types of fresh food supply will decrease,” it says. “There is a risk that panic buying will cause or exacerbate food supply disruption.”

While water supplies could feel the effect of a failure in the chemical supply chain, the likelihood was considered low and the impact would be in terms of hundreds of thousands of people rather than millions."

Other hurdles could include disruption to cross-border UK financial services, problems with the flow of personal data from the EU, delays to some insurance payments from UK insurers into the EU, and disruption to law-enforcement data and information-sharing with the bloc.

There is a risk that panic buying will cause or exacerbate food supply disruption

Naomi Smith, chief executive of Best for Britain — a group campaigning against Brexit — said the documents were “terrifying”.

The documents have been forced out of the government after months of ministers refusing to release them into the public eye."

"The document also suggests there could be damage to adult social care providers due to increasing staff and supply costs: “It may lead to provider failure.”

Michael Gove, Cabinet Office secretary, had previously dragged his heels in publishing the details of Operation Yellowhammer.

"Plans to publish the document a week ago were pulled after ministers at the regular “XO cabinet committee” in charge of no-deal Brexit planning decided that publishing the findings — even a watered-down version — would alarm the public."

Some anonymous bloke on the interweb doesn't care.
A bit like some anonymous bloke on the inter web knowing more than the government eh? Have you taken your information to the government like I suggested the other day or are you still too busy on the keyboard?

A bit like some anonymous bloke on the inter web knowing more than the government eh? Have you taken your information to the government like I suggested the other day or are you still too busy on the keyboard?

Motty in full on denial mode.

So first it was denial there would be chaos, now the Government own report spells it out, Motty turns on those who were right and accuses them of knowing too much.

Poor show Motty, yet you still want a No Deal. Only conclusion is you never were reasoned into voting for Brexit.

Get an adult to show you how to highlight words and delete them. Its quick and easy to do and saves confusion. But hey, if the idiot tag fits….

Full on denial mode, from supporting law breaking PM to making fantasy trade agreements to dismissing Gov own chaos report on Brexit, yet they say they dont take drugs, I believe them even drug takers would show more common sense.

:mrgreen:

I was more referring to the 'on and on' part, but hey, if the cap fits.

Fillyboy backtracking
Oh dear what a sad state he is

All he has left is to post some childish image -I expect we will see one soon.......oh wait a minute :ROFLMAO:

section 15 says more than that.

View attachment 171173

too embarrassing to let the public see it.
There is absolutely no way you could consider what is in section 15 as a 'base' expectation. That is clearly a worst case.

I could potentially accept the expected closure of 2 refineries as a possible base scenario (although i don't believe it), but strikes and disrupted petrol supply is total speculation.

This document was never intended for consumption by the general public and therefore titles and content should not be taken as gospel. It was a document intended for use by people who knew its context and therefore you cannot quote it as what will happen.

It is a document that sets out what might happen so that mitigation plans can be put in place.

Sponsored Links
Back