yellowing gloss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Just gone back to a job i did a few months ago and gloss paint (Dulux) in hall has gone really yellow. Wood work was sanded, U/C and glossed. I'm going to have to put it right, if use the same system then same will happen again. What would be a better option if wanted gloss to stay white?

Thx

Sponsored Links
Contact the technical Dept. at dulux and see what they say.

Also are the family very heavy smokers?

Andy

Is there adequate daylight in the hall?

This would make it yellow, besides the 2010 change in paint, which does seem very apparent on Dulux.

Sponsored Links
Family non smokers

Not much daylight in hall

Is waterbased gloss any good? which make is best? Would using satinwood over top be any good?

Cheers

Satinwood is Dulux and due to the new 2010 regs this is also oil based paint which will yellow quicker to be honest. Depends on how often you like repainting !

Try Johnstone' s waterbased Acrylic Satin or Gloss and claim the cost of the repeat work from Dulux.

Is there adequate daylight in the hall?

This would make it yellow,

I have this problem in my en suite. Lack of natural daylight. The new dulux oil based paint has turned yellow in less than a year. Its really noticeable where I leave the door open. Half the architrave looks as if i've used a different paint.

Was just about to post a similar question, Dulux Gloss yellowing where it does not get natural light - even on the back of a door where a dresing gown hangs!

Will try Johnsons

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back