Yep, I must be mad! [pics]

You notify BCO before you start the job, not afterwards.
BCO send an electrician round to check the job at first fix (at which time all work is still visible) and after everyting is installed to test the installation.

As for the safety of your installation, only testing can determine this.
None of the job is beyond a DIYER, but there are design (breaker and cable sizing, bonding, use of RCD, etc.) and testing (which is by far the most important part of the job) requirements to consider.

Only after an installatrion is tested, can it be certified as safe.

As for the sockets, they are very close to one of the major heat sources in any house. I'd suggest moving them.
[/u]

Sponsored Links
I believe the current regs require any new fcu / socket to be 30 cm from the hob or sink.

However, i am sure it probably won't matter . Just call an electrican, and stike a deal for a ticket ;)

Looks like its coming on a treat. I decided to fore go any type of cooking other than microwave while i was doing the kitchen. I did 6 months on microwave meals alone. I swear, i will never do that again. Been without a bathroom for a month now too. Starting to smell.

oo white country style doors? one of my faves i have to say. Currently installing that kitchen in my renovation house in the depths of wales

dont touch the gas or install the newboiler get some one registered as they can issue you with a gas certificate kitchens are almost straight foreward just cutting the worktop in the hardest thing

Sponsored Links
oo white country style doors? one of my faves i have to say. Currently installing that kitchen in my renovation house in the depths of wales
Close - these are Ivory country style units from B&Q :) (Note - never buy from B&Q, I certainly won't... again)

dont touch the gas or install the newboiler get some one registered as they can issue you with a gas certificate
Haven't touched the gas at all, have a CORGI engineer doing that and certifying everything for me. Boiler is up and running - man it's nice to be warm again! :D Had been living in what felt like a big fridge until recently :eek:

kitchens are almost straight foreward just cutting the worktop in the hardest thing
Yep - bought a worktop jig (expensive :eek: ) to create good joints. Worked very well though, especially given it was me that used it! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back