Yet another boiler recommendation topic

M

MopeyGecko

Hi there, looking for recommendations for a system boiler for a large 6 bedroom, 4 reception room, 2 bathroom very old detached house which will need about 23 radiators (guesstimated, no btu calculations done)

any ideas?

thanks

- Andy

Sponsored Links
ATAG Q series

Keston C55? maybe C40.

You really need to do your heat loss calcs and then work out how much energy you'll need.

In most cases they are usually defined by hot water demand but in your case (depending on yr insulation) I reckon it'll go on heating demand.

thanks folks, been doing a bit more research on my system and it appears there is a cistern in the loft so will this affect the boilers you have recommended? presumably it is in fact a regular and not a system boiler?

Sponsored Links
if the rads are single panel 300x300, any 10kw boiler will be fine. if they are all 700 high 2 metre long doubles however.........

Largest room is 4.9m x 8.5m x 3.5m, I'd say average room size was 25metres squared so I don't think 300x300 rads will do it. back of a fag packet calculations come out at about 170,000 - 190,000 btu for total system.

....may be a little on the high side.

could be, by up to 100% unless extremely draughty and without any form on insulation.
don't know why, but the calculations done in btu that i come across are always miles out. maybe it helps to do them in kw.

have seen many system boilers that were way oversized and cycled and kettled like hell, can not remember having seen an undersized boiler though it probably has happened

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back