Yet another localised breakout but hey, let’s not say anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the OP chose to single out those of a certain faith? :rolleyes:

Because that was on the news this morning.

Therefore should the same approach apply - namely, "In that case, perhaps those that ignored advice and recommendations should be refused treatment if they catch it. **** 'em."?

Absolutely.

Let me make myself clear. ALL ****ing idiots that ignore the social distancing 'recommendations' of whatever race/colour/faith/ethnicity by attending meetings, protests, football celebrations, weddings, funerals, 'block parties' etc, deserve all they get. Just a shame that they will go on to infect innocent others, more likely those in their own household.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
TBF the mosque thing has a clear positive result and lots of isolation required as a result. The Leeds promotion bash is too recent to have a Covid-19 test result, let alone an isolation request sent out.

Plus 'religion spreads disease' is more interesting than 'football fans are idiots'.

TBF the mosque thing has a clear positive result and lots of isolation required as a result. The Leeds promotion bash is too recent to have a Covid-19 test result, let alone an isolation request sent out.

Plus 'religion spreads disease' is more interesting than 'football fans are idiots'.

Unless it's Liverpool football fans then it is across all the national media.
However, there was barely a mention about the damage and lack of social distancing when Leeds United won promotion.
No I don't have an axe to grind, I'm not a football fan. This was mentioned to me by someone else who is also not a football fan.

Sponsored Links
Non of these big outdoor social events seem to have created an out burst, some were many weeks/months ago (thinking BLM marches, Bournmouth beach & the Liverpool football thing)
The Mosque one will be interesting as it was indoors?

I'm puzzled by the whole thing, I was thinking it is summer and flu type viruses (I know kung flu is not exactly the flu but has similarities) do not easily spread at this time of year - but look at Florida / California, its going wildfire there and it is most certainly summer.

That’s 250 people possibly bringing the virus to you through takeaway foods, Indian restaurants, Uber cabs and mini marts. Never mind, from now on they are going to limit it to 30 guests.

I don't use/do/buy any of those, should I be worried?

You're still probably at more risk going to a supermarket than visiting a place of worship. And, is there any evidence that social distancing and face masks were not worn? Pubs have had to close too because somebody caught covid. But not really interesting news story for a country obsessed with finding every little failing of Islam possible and shouting about it from the rooftops.

Let's forget that it was government policy to send covid infected patients to be looked after in care homes, and instead talk about a few new possible cases from a single mosque.

...lest we upset someone.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....osque-closed-imam-tests-positive-coronavirus/

So, 250 Muslims attend a funeral when the recommendation is 30. Iman had Covid. Should someone not be prosecuted? That’s 250 people possibly bringing the virus to you through takeaway foods, Indian restaurants, Uber cabs and mini marts. Never mind, from now on they are going to limit it to 30 guests. Yer, like **** they will.

Be fair Mottie look at this rabble.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-en...fans-gather-in-millennium-square-to-celebrate

Leeds fan revelling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53470116

_113526431_whatsappimage2020-07-20at09.10.27.jpg

Every single bit of rubbish dropped on the floor could carry the virus, and some poor sods now have to clean that **** up.

And lets not forget "Leeds police officers injured as fans leave piles of rubbish"

Just imagine if the mosque gathering resulting in the streets being littered and police officers being assaulted!

All very good points, but I would hope people would try to set an example by being considerate about the risks and perhaps thinking that 250 at a funeral might not be a good idea. Pubs, shops etc all did risk assessments and came up with plans to limit numbers and reduce contamination.

Tricky for anybody - maybe nobody expected 250 people, and hard to turn people away from a funeral. And as already asked, were they not social distancing, did they not have masks on?

In just over a month we'll be sending hundreds of thousands of children back into schools, over a thousand in each secondary school, without masks or social distancing at the levels currently suggested (I am reading my kid's school risk assessment now, which I need to be aware of and approve, presumably so I don't complain later...). In case you're not sure of the answer - the kids won't be wearing masks.

Tricky for anybody - maybe nobody expected 250 people, and hard to turn people away from a funeral. And as already asked, were they not social distancing, did they not have masks on?

Some mass groups are very responsible and wear full face masks at mass gatherings

kkk-chicago-flashback-0125-20150123-e1446548107862-2lw7l8q-1080x633.jpg

In just over a month we'll be sending hundreds of thousands of children back into schools, over a thousand in each secondary school, without masks or social distancing at the levels currently suggested (I am reading my kid's school risk assessment now, which I need to be aware of and approve, presumably so I don't complain later...). In case you're not sure of the answer - the kids won't be wearing masks.
But will certain 'faith schools' still be seen as a risk whilst other 'non-faith/other faiths schools' not be seen as a risk by certain elements of the UK population?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back