Yet another localised breakout but hey, let’s not say anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we had my Fathers funeral, the limit was 10 people and graveside only.

the vicar was chatting to us afterwards and was saying with these graveside funerals, during the service, people faces would suddenly appear from behind trees and bushes in the cemetery, like some sort of silent musical.

Sorry to hear you lost your father Notch...

Sponsored Links
Non of these big outdoor social events seem to have created an out burst, some were many weeks/months ago (thinking BLM marches, Bournmouth beach & the Liverpool football thing)
The Mosque one will be interesting as it was indoors?

I'm puzzled by the whole thing, I was thinking it is summer and flu type viruses (I know kung flu is not exactly the flu but has similarities) do not easily spread at this time of year - but look at Florida / California, its going wildfire there and it is most certainly summer.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1232045

There is no evidence yet that the wave of Black Lives Matter protests across the U.S. sparked COVID-19 outbreaks in the more than three weeks since they began, according to a study published Monday by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

The summer lack of flu stuff is about people getting out doors, where the environment is tougher on viruses and where you spread out more.

Also not all outdoor events are the same. If you're all wearing masks and trying to keep your distance then you're going to fare better than if you're in a rugby scrum.

When we had my Fathers funeral, the limit was 10 people and graveside only.

the vicar was chatting to us afterwards and was saying with these graveside funerals, during the service, people faces would suddenly appear from behind trees and bushes in the cemetery, like some sort of silent musical.

Sorry to hear you lost your father Notch...

...lest we upset someone.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....osque-closed-imam-tests-positive-coronavirus/

So, 250 Muslims attend a funeral when the recommendation is 30. Iman had Covid. Should someone not be prosecuted? That’s 250 people possibly bringing the virus to you through takeaway foods, Indian restaurants, Uber cabs and mini marts. Never mind, from now on they are going to limit it to 30 guests. Yer, like **** they will.

Some people have been dishonestly saying certain 'cultures' are biologically more susceptible to Covid. Loads of balls. Been saying for long time, it's just that they don't want to follow our rules. But you can't say that, because it's not PC. We've all got to pretend there's another reason. The former mill towns seem to be hotbeds of Corona, along with other unsavoury practices.

Expect this post to be removed soon, because the truth isn't allowed.

Sponsored Links
Some people have been dishonestly saying certain 'cultures' are biologically more susceptible to Covid. Loads of balls. Been saying for long time, it's just that they don't want to follow our rules. But you can't say that, because it's not PC. We've all got to pretend there's another reason. The former mill towns seem to be hotbeds of Corona, along with other unsavoury practices.

Expect this post to be removed soon, because the truth isn't allowed.
The truth is because the areas that have apparently been hit worst are areas of deprivation...

Areas where the density of housing is greatest and thus less chance of isolation...

But maybe you could tell us why there are countries which have higher populations of 'certain cultures' but have lower rates of infection?

But maybe you could tell us why there are countries which have higher populations of 'certain cultures' but have lower rates of infection?

There will be reasons for that. What places?

Another mass gathering with less social distancing, but nobody seems to be moaning.
Or indeed this...

I wonder why the OP chose to single out those of a certain faith? :rolleyes:

If you both care to look at this closed thread you will see my views on mass gatherings of any race/faith/colour. I’m against them. There are a few others in that thread that clearly think the right to protest, pass on the infection and cause death to others who weren’t even at the protest is more important. Twisted logic.
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/black-lives-matter-protests-today-in-uk.546533/

If you both care to look at this closed thread you will see my views on mass gatherings of any race/faith/colour. I’m against them. There are a few others in that thread that clearly think the right to protest, pass on the infection and cause death to others who weren’t even at the protest is more important. Twisted logic.
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/black-lives-matter-protests-today-in-uk.546533/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...-crowded-beaches-eased-lockdown-have-not/amp/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1232045

There is no evidence yet that the wave of Black Lives Matter protests across the U.S. sparked COVID-19 outbreaks in the more than three weeks since they began, according to a study published Monday by the National Bureau of Economic Research
All those spikes thanks to BLM haven't really happened, at least not that anyone can see at scale. There's undoubtedly some infections happening there but they seem to be small in effect.

As to your views on any mass gathering, whilst you might object to any reason, colour or creed, it appears that the ones that move you to make a thread about it are restricted to those about minorities. Or am I mistaken?

But when there is some brown person involved you home in like an exocet missile.

Let me make myself clear. ALL ****ing idiots that ignore the social distancing 'recommendations' of whatever race/colour/faith/ethnicity by attending meetings, protests, football celebrations, weddings, funerals, 'block parties' etc, deserve all they get. Just a shame that they will go on to infect innocent others, more likely those in their own household.

Or am I mistaken?
Yes.

The truth is because the areas that have apparently been hit worst are areas of deprivation...

Areas where the density of housing is greatest and thus less chance of isolation...

Of course it can be both behaviour and genetics. But certain countries with supposedly better results, also have large numbers of people who’ve neither had their birth or death registered. So it’s reasonable to think that 1000s of Covid deaths may get missed

I'm not convinced. I'd prefer you took the whole second paragraph as one quote, otherwise it could be misleading.
Yep, I don't think I was mistaken. In the last five pages of threads you've created three threads about mass gatherings and Covid-19. One of them were directed solely at immigrants (who are minorities) and this one. One of them was a generic mass gathering. You may say you care about all equally, but your posting history says otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back