Yet another parquet flooring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a look at a number of posts on here now about laying reclaimed parquet flooring, and am now nearing the end of the cleaning process which I found advise on. I have looked for laying instructions and found a number of helpful posts.

So my question is:
the blocks still have a very thin bitumen layer on them, and I have been told that this will react with most glues and it will be best to saw 1mm of the bottom so I have a bare wood base to start with. Is this right?

or does someone know if there is a special glue to lay them with. The floor will be layed on a concrete floor which already has a dpm in it.

Oo' another quick question can anyone recommend me someone in the cheshire/manchester area that lays this flooring as I'm finding it hard to get the time to lay it myself.

cheers all

Sponsored Links
If you only have a tiny bit of bitumen left then most parquet adhesive will handle this. Just be aware that the bonding time will be a bit longer.

For fitters: try the BwfA website (British Wood Flooring Association)

yet again you have come up with the goods thanks

what glue would you recommend then?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back