You gotta larf!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I decided I'd had enough of self employment and took a job with a company a couple of months ago. Bloke said he'd be providing a van but would I mind using my own in the meantime. No probs sez I. This morning I pulled him on the van issue. Yeah I'm going to sort one out, can you just hang on till April 1st. Being the paranoid untrusting type, when I got in from work this afternoon I checked the job centre web-site and there was this company advertising for another plumber for more money than I'm currently on. I got a mate to ring up about the job and he was told they were looking for someone to replace their current plumber who was due to leave. Ha, ha can't wait to see this guys face on Monday when I tell him where to shove it.

Sponsored Links
corgiman....for the last two months I have averaged over 300 miles a week for this guy in my own van on my own insurance. I have had my diesel paid for. None of the other guys use their own transport for work. When I have raised the issue of a company van or some form of re-imbursement- JIB states 40p a mile- it appears he has decided to look for another mug and then give me the boot. Although I've only been there a couple of months I've seen enough to know how this guy operates which is why I looked on the job centre web-site. He finished a plumber today with the excuse that a planned job had been cancelled. Only ten minutes previous the labourers had been on site dropping off a load of materials to start the job Monday. Doesn't bother me. I can do without this sort of c**p. I ain't moaning, I just thought people could do with a chuckle.

Sponsored Links
Back