you have to laugh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to price a job friday night, measured up, asked what type and size tile etc, oh 600mm x 600mm porcelain he says, and i already have them, along with sealer, flexible adhesive, micro flexi grout,spacers, 25mm WBP to replace all the floorboards, so really i only need a labour charge

No problem i said, i will work everything out when i get home and post the estimate to you in the morning. Gets home and sets about working out a price, quite a few metres there i though so i will do it for £15 M2 x 68M2 = £1020 and 2 days at £150 each for replacing the floorboards with the WBP ply giving him a total of £1320.

Gets a phone call this morning from the guy, he was ranting and raving down the phone that i was trying to rip him off
Well i burst out laughing and said " mate i only quoted you £1320 how am i trying to rip you off, calm down and explain whats worrying you

NO, NO, NO he shouted, i have had 2 polish tilers here today and they quoted me £600, and thats for everything. And it will only take them 3 days to complete.

Well i got to admit i was a bit taken aback by his manner, but more so the price he was saying and how long it would take these 2 guys, so i replied,

well thats far too cheap a price for the work involved, especially as its spread across 5 rooms and not just a straight run floor, but i hope it all goes well for you

Just F C UK off you rip off merchant he shouted, then slammed the phone down on me, Well i been really p*ssed off all day since that call, i was tempted to go to his house, knock on the door and clip him right on the jaw for all his abuse, then it hit me, these guys are either going to do a reall sh*t job or just completely rip him off, then that cheered me up a bit.So i just thought i would share this with yous guys.

Any of yous ever had potential customers turn like that, actually how many of you guys thought it was a cheap price i gave him and how many of yous would have done it cheaper

Sponsored Links
Haven't had this level of abuse thankfully (i would be in the hospital or the jail)
Regardless of his opinion re price his behaviour is well out of order.
Never forget this when he comes a crawling back. :evil:

Haven't had this level of abuse thankfully (i would be in the hospital or the jail)
Regardless of his opinion re price his behaviour is well out of order.
Never forget this when he comes a crawling back. :evil:

if he comes crawling back mate i would not do the job at all, no matter how much he offered me, i am lucky enough at the minute to be able to afford to turn work away

if he does come back to you,say your have to take a looksie at the job,take your camera and let us all have a laff. ;)

Sponsored Links
if hes got it cheaper than your m2 price which **** me is cheaper than 2008 when it wa good whys he ringing you youve offered him a very good price hes taken some yeehaas to do it lets see who he rings in a couple of weeks when its all ****ed up. £600 for all that is dole money if you ask me. dont let it get to ya and enjoy the work when you get it from appreciative customers who are willing to pay a good tradesman a good days wage rant over lol

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
sounds like he was a total prat jimmy.... :LOL:
have had a few like that this year,and one called me after 2months to say sorry for not taking my quote,and would i mind going to see him,he had some issues with the work "this" tiler had done...

walked into the the bathroom and just started ****ing myself laughing at the bodge that was done...asked him if this guy stood in his hall and throw the tiles at his walls....it was a bad un this job...i kid you not mate..giggling ere just thinking about it... :LOL: :LOL:

told him,,... total redo and gave him a price,...he filled his pants at this time,anyway he will call me into the new year.
spoke to his wife,felt sorry for her she has assured me i will be doing the work....

you get what ya pay for....

anyway auld yin......£15 m2.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

get back on yer meds ya madman....£15..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tictic";p="1833741 said:

get back on yer meds ya madman....£15..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:[/quote

Cheers Davie lol, People dont really have a lot of money to spend just after x mas and new year, especially in this area, so i just thought it would be a nice gesture, but at the same time still bringing in a wage for the young un

jctilingservices";p="1834235 said:

get back on yer meds ya madman....£15..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:[/quote

Cheers Davie lol, People dont really have a lot of money to spend just after x mas and new year, especially in this area, so i just thought it would be a nice gesture, but at the same time still bringing in a wage for the young un

fair play to you jimmy... ;)

darn plastic geordie cowboy rip off merchant! lol
only jokein jimmy mate, had the same done to me bud, and it its not nice when ya put a really good price in tryin to be nice cos of the time of year, and then some pillick undercuts y by a royal mile,
they'll see the error of there ways soon enough marra, ya nar that makes sense :cool:

darn plastic geordie cowboy rip off merchant! lol
only jokein jimmy mate, had the same done to me bud, and it its not nice when ya put a really good price in tryin to be nice cos of the time of year, and then some pillick undercuts y by a royal mile,
they'll see the error of there ways soon enough marra, ya nar that makes sense :cool:

Ya reet Steve mate, hoes things going with you, work wise that is. Aint seen ya out fishing for a while, you given up til the summer ? I am more into the fluff chucking now

works very slow mate, just trying to pay the bills now, and a aint wet a line in a while mate, will be out over xmas like, am sure theres a dbl figure cod out there with my name on it lol, and aye al have t joins yas 1 day up at sharpley mate its only 5 mins from me door, enjoy xmas mate all the best ;)

works very slow mate, just trying to pay the bills now, and a aint wet a line in a while mate, will be out over xmas like, am sure theres a dbl figure cod out there wit

h my name on it lol, and aye al have t joins yas 1 day up at sharpley mate its only 5 mins from me door, enjoy xmas mate all the best ;)

well ya defo not missing any cod yet mate, pretty much nowts getting caught lately, just the odd 1.
Be nice to see you at sharpley mate, probs be after new year now, lakes all frozen over

All the very best mate

works very slow mate, just trying to pay the bills now, and a aint wet a line in a while mate, will be out over xmas like, am sure theres a dbl figure cod out there wit

h my name on it lol, and aye al have t joins yas 1 day up at sharpley mate its only 5 mins from me door, enjoy xmas mate all the best ;)

well ya defo not missing any cod yet mate, pretty much nowts getting caught lately, just the odd 1.
Be nice to see you at sharpley mate, probs be after new year now, lakes all frozen over

All the very best mate

plenty coming out the mersey and northwest :D ( but not to me !!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back