you live and learn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to a flat today were the tnt had an old shower,the type were you turn on the water with the knob on the front and then select low or high power.it kept tripping the rcd.i did a insulation test and the results were all 999ohms on the circuit from the ceiling switch to and including the shower. from the c/u to the switch i was getting strange readings. on closer inspection i found somebody had got the neutrals swapped on the shower and the cooker circuits!. it had been like this for at least 1 year.and the tenant had just decided to report the tripping problem.

Sponsored Links
Oh my word! That is pretty bad, a variation on "borrowed neutrals" I suppose... more "neutral wife swapping" perhaps... :LOL:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you work as an electrician for a living? I ask because on one post you were asking for the disconnection times of circuits, and in this one you are talking about an electrical job you were called out to.

I'm not an electrician myself, it just made me wonder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back