Young Folk Are Completely Selfish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs Secure tells me off for tarring the younger generation with the same brush, something I was always upset about others doing to me, however, more & more, I find many young people doing exactly as they please without an ounce (that should be 28.3333333g) of consideration for anyone but themselves.

Twice recently I have seen youngsters parking in disabled bays in supermarket car parks.

Tonight, I went to my local Tesco Express, only to be nearly hit by a car coming into the car park through a NO ENTRY sign. The young female driver then sounds the horn at an elderly lady crossing the car park, then screeches to a halt in a disabled bay.

As I look on incredulously, she gets out of the car & sneers, "What you f'in starin' at, geezer?"

Now, what was I staring at, the souped up Clio with illegally loud exhaust tail pipes the appalling driving or her inconsiderate attitude to pedestrians & disabled folk?

I'm only 42. But I feel much older!!

Am I being unreasonable?

Sponsored Links
Get used to it.
Young uns have no moral standards nowadays and certainly no respect for older people.

You should have passed no remarks and stuck mathsticks in her wheel valves deflating her tyres once she entered the shop.

If the elderly lady had been a relative of yours (perhaps your Mother) then you could have considered slashing the tyres with a stanley knife or some other sharp tool. You are a spark so you must have something like that in your inventory of tools.
Don't get angry. Get even. ;)

If she asked me that same question on the way out of the shop, I would reply "I'm looking at that keyed scratch down the side of the car" :rolleyes:

Tonight, I went to my local Tesco Express
What on earth for??? Damned fool. Theres plenty of Co-operatives in Stockport. Anyway . .

Simon, if you wish, I can get you 24H of CCTV footage from our car park and email it to you. A real eye opener. Saturdays are best. ;)

Some things I witness:
People parking in disabled / parent and child bays, when they dont meet the eligibility criteria for doing so,
People taking up 2 bays,
People who drive a large-ish car and therefore have to park in the delivery bay because they lack the aptitude to get it into a standard bay.
People who park in the delivery bay because its closer to the ATM.
(OOI, I've seen the bread lorries reverse round them, come within 6 inches just to scare them teehee i love to see their faces - they cant leave the ATM to rescue their car cos their card is still in it!)
People spinning their wheels on the car park and at the exit.
People blocking in the delivery lorries.
People parking in the delivery bay when they can see theres a huge artic lorry pulling in behind them.
People parking driver to drivers side, and passing things across. Hmmm.
People driving over the freakin grass verge to get onto the car park, just for the laugh.
People with loud exhausts leaving their engines running while they use the ATM (a pet hate of mine because the office is right behind the ATM)
People leaving their kids in the car, who proceed to play with the horn. OH MY GOD. We have actually had complaints about people sounding horns in the car park, so this is particularly annoying.
People with loud stereos, again, leaving them playing while they go to the ATM.

Oh yes, I see it all. Myself, I park in the far corner of the car park, away from the rabble that use our shop. ;)

Sponsored Links
Matchsticks in the door locks (including tailgate)- then break them off and ram them in. They'll be there for hours and they'll need new locks all round.

Securespark - I'm 10 years younger than you and they make me feel like we've been invaded by a hostile alien race!

Matchsticks in the door locks (including tailgate)- then break them off and ram them in. They'll be there for hours and they'll need new locks all round.

Sadly that doesn't work any more as most cars have central locking by remote control.

Some things I witness:
People parking in parent and child bays, when they dont meet the eligibility criteria for doing so,
People taking up 2 bays,

Guilty as charged - As i'm fed up of picking up dents from supermarket car parks. Never seem to catch that on CCTV ?

Some things I witness:
People parking in parent and child bays, when they dont meet the eligibility criteria for doing so,
People taking up 2 bays,

Guilty as charged - As i'm fed up of picking up dents from supermarket car parks. Never seem to catch that on CCTV ?

i agree, i almost always take two bays. i dont park in the parent and child bit as dozy mothers are likely to rest their prams on your car.

we have a choice of parking in the parent and toddler bays or the disabled bays,and it really p155es me off when you get people parking in them when they have no reason to,we parked in a disabled bay in the middle of town on a busy Saturday on a main road and some older git decided he wanted the bay,left his car in the middle of the road and RAN back up to me f/ing and blinding asking us which 1 of us is disabled,i really lost my temper and i came very close to larapping him,he soon had a change of heart when i politely pointed out to him that he had no trouble running up the road i was was going to report him to the orginisation that supplies the badges.or was it because im a 6'2 and 15 1/2 stone fat git.

Young 'un's quite polite round here. Never really see disabled / Parent toddler spaces abused. Mind you, I've just come back off holiday from Italy. We hired a car, and I have to say what a difference driving in Italy is.

Here it's just a nightmare with white van man or company rep man sitting on your backside trying to hit warp factor one. Italy, calm relaxed and very sedate driving, a real pleasure.

Why are we in Britain in such a hurry all the time? Stuff that.

Tonight, I went to my local Tesco Express
What on earth for??? Damned fool. Theres plenty of Co-operatives in Stockport. Anyway . .

Simon, if you wish, I can get you 24H of CCTV footage from our car park and email it to you. A real eye opener. Saturdays are best. ;)

I went only because it is close to home. I'd got a Chinese T/A in the car & wanted some PC's to go with it. But I didn't want the food to go cold. That's my lame excuse...

I think if you gave me footage from your cameras you would breach the DPA or something & maybe displease your bosses, so I shall politely decline your offer, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Back