Your favourite video game

Actually, I've often tried to find an old game I used to play (well, not that old but you get my meaning). Problem is I can't remember the bloody name if it!

I remember there was a helicopter that you controlled. You flew the chopper over mountain ranges that had various bases (targets), you had to destroy. The chopper could fly down and 'capture' various other artillery and that could then be used in the game. So if I got a Tank for example I could use the tank in the game, driving it around shooting targets. As I say, I can't for the life of me remember the name but I loved playing it. I 'think' it was something like 'Spiv' but I could be miles out.

Any ideas...?

Sponsored Links
Actually, I've often tried to find an old game I used to play (well, not that old but you get my meaning). Problem is I can't remember the bloody name if it!

I remember there was a helicopter that you controlled. You flew the chopper over mountain ranges that had various bases (targets), you had to destroy. The chopper could fly down and 'capture' various other artillery and that could then be used in the game. So if I got a Tank for example I could use the tank in the game, driving it around shooting targets. As I say, I can't for the life of me remember the name but I loved playing it. I 'think' it was something like 'Spiv' but I could be miles out.

Any ideas...?

Desert Strike. ;)

Sponsored Links
AH HA Got it! Thanks for the replies lads but no.

BLOODY HELL... I digress but the wind is Hellish here tonight!

Anyway, it was called Swiv 3D.

Bootsie and Snudge...well that was "The Army Game".

No..I'm wrong there, they were different programmes altogether. They both had Alfie Bass in though, which was why I mixed them up. Says the forgetful old fcker.

Bootsie and Snudge...well that was "The Army Game".

No..I'm wrong there, they were different programmes altogether. They both had Alfie Bass in though, which was why I mixed them up. Says the forgetful old fcker.
Ah but not quite Alzheimers at least you can remember, but not the right order, Oh wait ! :LOL: :LOL:

That's hardly likely.......getting twenty quid out of a geordie.
lol-022.gif

Anyway, it was called Swiv 3D[/youtube]

From what I recall, this was supposed to be Silkworm 4, SW-IV (roman numerals)

http://www.arcadiabay.de/source/item.aspx?id=2316

Another example of a game where the title was lost in translation....

Racing game Continental Circuit ended up being Continental Circus, by the time anyone noticed all the arcade cabinets artwork had been printed.

I now have a real urge to play Desert Strike!

My favorit video has got to be "Porsche" i picked it up in Hamburg in the 70s, still a riviting must watch. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

My favorit game "chess" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back