Your opinions on tile adhesive please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if any of you guys could recommend specific brands and types of tile adhesive for the following tasks.

1. Attaching Aquapanel Thermal to wbp ply on bathroom floor
2. Sealing joints between Aquapanel sheets on walls of bathroom.
3. Laying porcelain tiles onto floor and walls of bathroom.

Thanks,

Teddyk.

Sponsored Links
Bal single part flexible or Rapidset flexible would do the Aquapanel to floor, joints and floor tiles.

What are the walls made of and what weight are the porc tiles assuming they are not floor tiles going onto the wall.

Jason

Thanks for the reply.

Two of the walls are exterior block walls with a plasterboard covering.
The other two walls are internal partition walls with plasterboard.
I am planning on removing all plasterboard (need to do this anyway to get plumbing, electrics moved) and replacing with Aquapanel using the existing battens, beefing them up if necessary.
Hope to be able to tile directly onto this.

The tiles for the walls are the same as the ones going on the floor.
I don't have the exact dimensions or weight handy, but they are porcelain and are approx 18 inches by 12 inches.

When buying the tiles, I didn't specifically ask for floor and wall tiles, but the showroom had them on both the walls and floor of their display, and the tile guy said that they are suitable for both.

I have looked at the specs on the BAL Single Part Flexible and I think that that's what I'll go for. Just have to find a local stockist.

Teddyk

The aquapanel will definatly take the weight, you could get away with going straight onto the plasterboard in the drier areas, just use the AP above bath and in shower if you are having one.

If you go with the AP then you can also use the Single part flexi for the walls.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Thanks Jasonb.

I have loads of Aquapanel for the job. When ordering it, my local builders suppliers insisted that I would have to take a full pallet (24 sheets, when I only required about 12) as they would be ordering it in especially for me. I was surprised at how difficult it was to source over here.

Teddyk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back