Your thought on Bio Ethanol Fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am looking to redo the full flat as per Lockdown and using holidays money to enhance the flat.

and have been thinking to get TV stick to wall instead of current shelves, as well as adding a fireplace for cosy winter evening.

and by removing the tv stand / shelves where the TV is currently is, I will be increasing the space of the lounge / dining room.

So what are your thought on that type of fireplace? it is more a of luxury decoration gadget than heating option.

But adding a gaze fireplace one I guess that the cost will be even higher (off to a fire place show room next week) so should find out more.

anyway, thought I would ask what people think and gather your thought.

by the way, I do not want to have the bio ethanol fire place to hand on the wall - it will have to be recessed to the chimnea wall (so hole to be done so that fire place can be recessed in the chimnea wall)

that might sound ocd - but i find that fire place which are just hanging on a wall - just look cheap of cheap....

Thanks,
Jeremy

PS have attached a picture of current lounge that i am aiming to change as per thought share above.

Attachments

• Lounge TV chimnea project.jpg
    Lounge TV chimnea project.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 236
Sponsored Links
If you search the forum for “bio ethanol” you’ll find some previous discussion of these fires.

The claim they are smoke less is true but only in terms of visible smoke.

Burning bio-ethanol fuel produces water vapour and carbon dioxide, both are invisible. Too much carbon dioxide in the air affects a person's breathing.

Some suppliers of bio-ethanol fires say that ventilation is not necessary, others say it is.

Safe levels of carbon dioxide in the work place are specified by Health and Safety rules

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back