Zanussi AquaCycle 1200 That will not drain...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

If anyone could offer any advice then it would be much appreciated and possible save me a £78 plus VAT & parts call out charge.

My Zanussi has stopped draining. It progresses through a cycle, comes to the drain and starts whirring then eventually gives up.

I have removed the waste and emptied the machine manually into a bucket, then removed the clothes. I have cleaned the filter. Placing the waste hose back into the drain making sure that there are no kinks (not sure if it's more than 40 degrees angle but its always been in this position - the waste outlet sits in a pipe and the water runs off down to the main drain - and it has not been moved or altered and there has not been a problem with it before) it still refuses to drain. The pipe itself is not blocked, I have poured bleach down it and listened to it trickle away down the pipe into the main drain.

Is there anything else I could try. A friend has advised removing a 'plughole' type device which will drain the machine properly and clean any debris that might be blocking the pump but this is getting a tad technical for me and I dont want to break anything.

Can anyone advise what this problem may be? Does it sound like the pump has just gone and will likely need replaxcing? The machine is 5 years old...

Any help or advice would be great...

Sponsored Links
If you can hear the drain pump whirring then it's most likely the impellor has broken off the pump. If you can only hear it buzzing then there's something in the pump stopping it turning.

Thanks for responding.

It is a 'whirring' rather than a 'buzzing' sound. Either way I don't think I can get at the pump without removing the entire back panel of the machine...

As such I guess I'm going to have to call out the proffesionals. :confused:

Sponsored Links
bugarson";p="338002 said:
Thanks for responding.

It is a 'whirring' rather than a 'buzzing' sound. Either way I don't think I can get at the pump without removing the entire back panel of the machine...

As such I guess I'm going to have to call out the proffesionals. :confused:

hi Bugarson, i am having the same problem you previously had what was the outcome was it a faulty pump?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back